Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past 2 weeks I have been requested to pick people up in gated communities. They did not call security to tell them to let me in. Last night I could not see a phone number to call the person. Security tried calling the homes at the address I had and the person at that home who answered the phone, said there was no one by that name at the house. Since I was not in front of the house, it didn't show start trip. I ended the trip with a no show because I had to wait about 10 minutes for security to try to help. Security told me that 50% of the UBER drivers who come to their gate have the same issue, the people who contacted UBER did not let security know. He also speculated that there was another possibility, that someone called for UBER as a joke, knowing that they could not get past the gate.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
In the past 2 weeks I have been requested to pick people up in gated communities. They did not call security to tell them to let me in. Last night I could not see a phone number to call the person. Security tried calling the homes at the address I had and the person at that home who answered the phone, said there was no one by that name at the house. Since I was not in front of the house, it didn't show start trip. I ended the trip with a no show because I had to wait about 10 minutes for security to try to help. Security told me that 50% of the UBER drivers who come to their gate have the same issue, the people who contacted UBER did not let security know. He also speculated that there was another possibility, that someone called for UBER as a joke, knowing that they could not get past the gate.
Another driver trying to frustrate you and capture the real riders.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I feel your pain. I wait outside the gate, call the pax and tell them where I am and then once I get them in my car, educate them on how move the pin to the sidewalk for a better pick-up experience and tell them not to place the pin on the apt/home behind the fence even though it's their address.

Some pax want that door-to-door service and will open the gate.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had a similar problem in the wee hours a couple of weeks ago, but it was just a regular keypad gated community (no live guard). Pax would not respond to text or call and I was blocked from auto-tripping the GPS arrival function by a few hundred feet.

When you're looking at the main screen for the driver app, where the bottom has the "Start Trip" green slider, just swipe upwards to reveal an option that reads something like "Notify rider that I've arrived". The pax should then get a text notification of your arrival, and they can see your location if they feel like rectifying the situation. Wait your 5 minutes and cancel for rider no show. That will mark your location and time for Uber in case the pax tries to dispute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts