Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just dropped off pax in carlton after slow day in airport heading to footscray to do werribee surge shuttle 1 of the boys already out there cleaning up

No train footscray to laverton or williamtown im going to aim for trip from footscray to hopper crossing/werribee area

No. They will jump on the replacement buses.
Replacement bus ha ha ha hahaha

Peak hour & train not running due to signal fault means 500 people waiting for bus after 1hr 1 or 2 bus comes huge fight who gets to get on bus & taxis doing drive past yelling out $100 min fare someone always takes it

This is time to clean up

·
Registered
991 Posts
Having worked in the west for 9 years and having a lot to do with the local people, I think labelling them 'scum' is a gross generalisation. There are trashy people in all parts of Melbourne. And in my experience people of the west are often community minded and generally very decent people. They don't deserve the stigma from people who know nothing about the west.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Having worked in the west for 9 years and having a lot to do with the local people, I think labelling them 'scum' is a gross generalisation. There are trashy people in all parts of Melbourne. And in my experience people of the west are often community minded and generally very decent people. They don't deserve the stigma from people who know nothing about the west.
I concur. I mean, look at frankston, -that's not west, gamblers, w**** hounds and dumpster divers live there!

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well those are your opinions
You are entitled to them however you are still wrong. The people there are low quality people no matter which way you try and twist it!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I think he meant 'unprofitable' by 'scum.' Whenever I have been there (Werribee, Point Cook, Tarneit, ...) even on 1.5x surge, my earnings dropped below average after all. Anyway, it is true that they are very tight on their spending.

Although I already shared my experience long time ago, I would like to share it again. In the CBD weekday night at around 10pm, 4 pax each ordered Uber and cancelled all the others except the quickest one(that's me). And then 4 stops (2~3 km away from each stop around Point Cook), all of them split fare(3c loss for each because of GST), and then I needed to return empty to the CBD. Even if we go there on 2x, it is worse than base in the CBD after all.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Well those are your opinions
You are entitled to them however you are still wrong. The people there are low quality people no matter which way you try and twist it!
Just as you are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is based on having spent many years working in the west, getting to know the people. I suspect your opinion is based on very little other than prejudice. I'll leave it to others to determine who is right and who is wrong.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
just because you're poor doesn't mean you're scum, does it?
there's plenty of working class poor in the western suburbs of Melbourne.
decent folks, just in the wrong 99%
Beware.Dont go to Williamstown.Dangerous people live there.You will get robbed and beaten.Really scary place.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just dropped in hopper crossing terrible traffic out here thank god for good surge

Thinking maybe go back to footscray try for another long fare if surge still on otherwise going to airport queue

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.