Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to see what your thoughts are on UberX in Indy, have you been driving long, do you like it or are you as frustrated as I am sometimes here in Indy!

Let me hear from you. Thanks

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm trying to find a groove. I'm not hitting "busy hours" enough, and my take home pay is suffering. It's hard for me to stay up all night and still be safe driving - my home life is not the kind where I can crash for a few hours after dinner - too much to do.

I get up early, showered and dressed, tank full of fuel and wait for the first ping from home. From there, if the RideShare Gods are on my side, I'll get an early trip to the airport. That's good for $35 and I can come home with breakfast for her. The pings die off mid-morning and don't start again until late afternoon.

I have a threshold, if I make $XXX.00 dollars, I turn off the app and go home. If I don't, I keep driving until I do or I'm too tired to be safe.

Monday was the smallest payday consistently every week, so I just take Monday off now. Saturday into Sunday morning can make all the short days into threshold days averaged out.

If I can't make a certain amount each week, I'll have to find a job. That would suck.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have been driving for a little over 1 year.....I too have a min amount to make each session. When I hit that, I gauge risk/reward in terms of how many pings I get....If 45 min go by without a ping its time to call it a day. Diesel has the sweet spot times correct...I would add you can make more between Thurs-Sunday then the rest combined .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts