Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry, I have a shorter one. I drove a chubby man from his hotel on one side of the street to his daughter's hotel on the other side. Had he been disabled in any way I would have empathized. (Is Just Plain Lazy a disability?) SOB even laughed about how short the ride was. I was not amused.

Then, lo and behold, Uber paid me a short trip fee! Didn't even know there was such a thing. I'm in a market where Uber typically takes half. But in this case I hope they charged him 1,000% more.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I took some high school kids less than a 1/4 mile from the school to McDonald's. The one kids mom was there and said she would have taken them. They could have walked and got there faster than it tooke to get there to pick them up.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Since there’s a MINIMUM TRIP FEE, it’s always advantageous to take short trips under two miles, provided you didn’t have to drive far for the pickup. One of the best weekends I ever had was a women’s tech conference where I went back and forth shuffling women across the street or a mile down the road because they could not take another step in their uncomfortable high heels.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
There's a new university here in downtown Harrisburg. It's a few blocks from the train/bus station and most of the hotels. When the people were coming into town they would get a ride only to find out that it was just 2 or 3 blocks. I did more than 30 rides that day. All of them no less than $3.67 profit.

·
Premium Member
11,607 Posts
My shortest is .2 mile, and I've had several of those.

I've also had several where the walking distance was less than .2 mi, but the driving distance was a little longer. In two cases, literally across US 1 from the University of Miami to fast food places -- both XL rides for 5-6 kids.

Sunday, I had a ride across a shopping center, from Taco Bell to a store. You could literally see the store from Taco Bell, maybe 200 yards away. But by car, it was a little more than .2.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man...I guess I shouldn't complain about my .4 mile trip and a whopping $3.75 fare then lol what's wrong with these lazy a$$ pax that can't walk 50 feet accross the street :/

·
Premium Member
11,769 Posts
I got one once that was about a half block. When I swiped and saw that I told them "it's right there" and pointed. "I know" pax said, I just didn't feel like walking."
I asked if he intended to tip me for driving three miles to get to him He said, "Hell no" and grinned at me.
I cancelled, grinned back and said, "Get out."

Oh, he was incensed. He was going to sue me, sue Uber, write to the newspapers, get me fired, etc.
I grinned and said, "Get out."

Soon as he was out I texted Uber and told them that he was rude and threatening and that I felt unsafe. Never heard anything else about it.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got one once that was about a half block. When I swiped and saw that I told them "it's right there" and pointed. "I know" pax said, I just didn't feel like walking."
I asked if he intended to tip me for driving three miles to get to him He said, "Hell no" and grinned at me.
I cancelled, grinned back and said, "Get out."

Oh, he was incensed. He was going to sue me, sue Uber, write to the newspapers, get me fired, etc.
I grinned and said, "Get out."

Soon as he was out I texted Uber and told them that he was rude and threatening and that I felt unsafe. Never heard anything else about it.
Good call on cancelling on that entitled piece of work.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Be careful. Stay civil.
He can and will launch an Intercontinental Ballistic Poo Missile (ICBPM) all the way from Fla to Cali - and nail you right up side the head.
Yep! Point taken lol I come in peace and shall remain civil in his presence

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Since the title does say Shortest Trip...I'd have to say the time I woke up from a dream thinking I was tripping and my legs spasmed. Didn't move much so it was a pretty short trip.
I LIKE your way of thinkin...

Welcome to the drivers forum...

Thinkin you will like it here...8>)

Rakos
Crazy Troll.jpg

1 - 20 of 47 Posts