Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
A $5000 permit would be an impossible and/or impractical barrier for ride-share drivers.

Before legislators pass this type of requirement, they should consider how many potential drunk drivers we get home safely each night. I suspect if the statistics are looked at carefully, every market that Uber serves will see a dramatic decrease in injuries and deathes do to intoxicated drivers.
By driving at night I know at least 60% of my fares would be a serious hazard at the wheel and there is no way the existing taxis could service that many passengers.

· Registered
17 Posts
If I understand this article correctly, the fee and the burden of the additional insurance will be the responsibility of the company (Uber, lyft, etc..)
Representatives from Uber helped to craft the bill and supports it.
If this does extend better insurance coverage to the partners, it would certainly be a step in the right direction and I'd support it. I also have no problem with a more stringent background check.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/po...mns-blogs/under-the-dome/article28355131.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.