Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Your best (worst) drunk pax stories

5K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  wk1102 
#1 ·
CIncinnatiDriver asked (paraphrased)
"how bad can driving a drunk passenger be?"

Please share one story from your rideshare experience transporting (or not) a very, very drunk passenger.

#2 ·
My best was tonight, drunk female from a bar who insisted that it was against the law for me to kick her out of my car. She was too damn beligerant which is why I kicked her out before the ride even started.

She kept insisting she was going to call the police on me because the law required I transport her home because she was unable to car for herself. Ding ding ding magic words, called the paramedics, made $4 for calling the paramedics.

#3 ·

Please share one story from your rideshare experience transporting (or not) a very, very drunk passenger.
I drive the uberSUV so i pull to this bar. I see 3 other SUVS pull up to the same bar. Suddenly, 20 people come out....rich, prepy, drunk kids. Now from experience i know that if you wait too long you end up having more than 6 people in your car. So, I make sure they get into my vehicle first....(i was wrong) i pick up 2 boys and 4 ladies. 1 boy sits in the front and immediately becomes the "DJ". Blasting music...i turn it down a notch or two. After i just get on the highway i hear one of the girls "i need to go to bathroom..." I pull to the nearest gas station. They all get out 3 of them lights a cigarette. 20 min later they get in....we go 2 exits....1 girl rolls down the window pukes outside while going 60 mph. I pull to the nearest gas station.2 other girls puke outside the car once they get out. Gas station attendant calls the cops. Cop telling me to take them away while i try to clean the back windows. I tell them to get in. We go about another mile or two. They see a Mcdonalds....they all get in i end the trip and get the hell out .

I dodged a puke on that one. I emailed the uber about the puke. They told me to send a receipt for the "carwash"first....

My rate went down...that was the last time I worked after 8pm.

#4 ·
Taco Bell exec becomes violent when, after being unable to give the driver his destination or directions, the driver ends the trip and tells the pax to leave his car:

Drunk woman assumes Uber at the curb is for her and terrorizes the driver:

Reactions: tohunt4me
#5 ·
#6 ·

Please share one story from your rideshare experience transporting (or not) a very, very drunk passenger.[/QUOTE
this is back in 2012 when Phx only had Uber Black. Get 6 girls going out for Bachlorette party. The bride and all the bridesmaids. since they wanted to bar hop, I told them they could just charter me out for the entire night. Pick them up at 7pm, not too bad only a few cocktails in them. Next bar around 10 pm, getting a little more drunk and loose. Girls start talking a little dirty, one ask me if she has nice breast as she pulls up her shirt. Of course you have to say yes if you want a big tip. 4 out of the 6 where pretty hot, the bride ok and the 6th was a 10 plus. Final bar at 1:30. Holy crap, sh*t hits the fan. One of the girls shout out " I should be the maid of honor, I've known her longer" then another voice says "but I'm a better friend". To make a long story short, I'm pulled over to the side of the road breaking up a drunken cat fight. Had to seperate the girls on the way home. Made sure that the 10 plus sat up front with me. Made the bride be the referee in the back 2 rows. And of course the fantasy of big tips and naked women were gone. Alcohol, the reason we make money and lose faith.

#7 · (Edited)
My worst was the second night I ever Uber'd. Pick up 2 highly intoxicated guys from a bar (best friends), sit in the back. On the way to their house which was on non-busy dark streets they both start talking to me at the same time. Very loud very dumb drunk babble mostly.

About 2 minutes in as they're still both talking over one another, the first guy sternly tells the other guy to "SHUT UP!!! I'm trying to talk to the driver". The other guy says "NO YOU SHUT UP, I'm trying to talk to him". A short game of "Shut Up/No You Shut Up" ensues until the first passenger says "Say another word to the driver and I'm going to punch you in the face". Upon hearing this, the second passenger laughs and starts to talk but before his first sentence is finished I hear a CRACKKKK. The first guy just decimated this guys jaw with a full force punch to the face. Immediately after recovering they just start going at on one another hard. Punches to the back of head, noses, etc.. Lasted about 20-seconds until the second pax gave in and threw in the towel. From that point, it was about 2 minutes from the destination and I continued to drive. They both got out at their house; bloody noses/faces and put their arms around one another and made up on the spot in a way that only alcohol can provide (crying, hugs, and apologies).

It was my second night Uber'ing and I'm like WTF does this happen all the time??? That was a long time ago and today I would handle the situation totally different, but that for me was a wild ride. I almost kinda think positively back on it because after that incident was when I first began taking much tighter control of my ship. All the rides after this, I never let stuff get out of control from the second they even enter the car (setting the tone). Haven't had much a problem with anyone since. I'm sure there is a lot worse stories out there, but that one was mine. Still wonder if that guys jaw was dislocated that night...

#9 ·
.....The first guy just decimated this guys jaw with a full force punch to the face. Immediately after recovering they just start going at on one another hard. Punches to the back of head, noses, etc.. Lasted about 20-seconds until the second pax gave in and threw in the towel. From that point, it was about 2 minutes from the destination and I continued to drive. They both got out at their house; bloody noses/faces and put their arms around one another and made up on the spot in a way that only alcohol can provide (crying, hugs, and apologies). ...
Man, these some of these Uber ghost riders really put on a good show, nowadays.
I can't even tell you some of my weird sh*t, but some of it is generic enough to share.

Unfortunately, I'll have to censor the offensive parts, so I'll do my best:

The other night I picked up these two ****** and they both ****** ** ***** *** **** *** ** **.
Are you with me so far ? So, I told them, what the **** are *** ** ****** ** ** ?
They said, *** **** *** !!! **** *** *** **** ***** *** or something ?
I said, *** ! **** ****, I'd like to *** ***** ***** ****** * ***, you hear me ?
So, you can **** *** *** !!! They just looked at me like I had two heads, you know ?

Anyway, that's what happened.

#8 ·
I picked up two couples from a bar around midnight. One of the guys was really drunk and fighting with his woman: "I HATE YOU," he slurred loudly. "I HATE YOU," he repeated a couple more times. About a mile down the road he abruptly reversed himself and said, "I love you..." Then they started making out. Weird...

#10 ·
This was my third day driving Uber. It was a saturday night. Pretty cold outside.

I get a request for an UberX around 12:30am. It is a 4.5 PAX. I did research Uber driving a bit already. I knew enough to know a 4.5 is not good. I was a little worried, but I accepted ride, and went on the way.

I picked up the passenger and his S.O. at a bar. They got in the car after 2-3 minutes, and I start the trip. I then ask them to confirm the location they are going (another bar), just to make sure I have the right passenger. They oblige.

The first thing I notice after they get in, is the smell. It smells like some kind of body oil or something. Maybe cinnamon-y? It is so strong. I briefly contemplate asking "What is that smell???!!!", but think better of it.

This will be a decent run, ending in a busy area. I just hope the dude's girl doesn't leave a lingering smell in the car, from whatever nasty perfume/oil she is wearing…

We get going. The trip will be mostly highway driving, and it is probably 25 miles +/-. I now also smell alcohol on them.

The couple starts conversing with me a bit. They tell me that the dude (passenger on app) is an Uber driver as well. He says he likes it, asks me how long I've been doing it, etc.

We are about 15-20 minutes into the trip. After chatting with the dude, I can tell how hammered he is. He seems really out of it. He is repeating himself a bit, and slurring. I am thinking as we drive"please don't puke in the car". I am trying to drive really smooth. I don't want to bounce these people around too much.

The dude gets really quiet, and his head is hunched over. I just know this guy is going to puke. I am just trying to watch him, and pull over if need be.

Then, he lays over and puts his head on his girl's lap. This only lasts a moment, and then he starts coughing.

I just ask her "Is he just coughing? What is he doing?"

She answers "I think we need to pull over."

I pull over as quickly as possible. We tell him to get out. He does. He vomits for a bit, and then tries to get back in. His S.O. tells him to shake it off outside while she cleans up the car. I look back, and there is puke on the seats, but it is minor as far as these things go. Not a huge mess.

So she is in the seat behind mine. She is wiping up or whatever. Then this smell hits me. It smells like she smells, but really strong.

I ask "What is that smell?"

"It's just some essential oil" she replies.

"Could you please stop using that in my car?" I respond.

"It smells better than puke" she says.

I just say "I don't want my car to smell like that, and puke. Please stop using that stuff in my car."

"OK" she says, and she seems confused. Perhaps she is so nose blind to that crap, she is unaware many people may not like it.

Anyway, the guy gets back in the car. We get underway again. We are probably 10 or 15 minutes to the destination. I just hope he can stay cool until we get there.

When we are getting off the freeway, I hear a banging sound, like something is hanging off car, who knows… I make a remark about the noise. The girl seems concerned. She wonders too.

We are almost there, and he starts coughing. We are already stopped at a light in the far right lane. We tell him to get out again.

So I take this opportunity to have a look around the car to see if something is loose (maybe my lower bumper from pulling over..), Everything looks fine. I can't spot anything out of place.

So I jump back in, and sit in the driver seat. I am waiting for the guy to finish puking, again. His S.O. asks how close we are. I tell her we are 2.5 blocks away.

I am thinking about just booting them, and whether it's safe here. She just volunteers to get out here. I obviously don't argue.

Now she's looking in her purse, while her man is sitting outside on the sidewalk.

"Can I tip you on Uber?" she asks.

"No, the app won't allow you to" I respond.

"Well I want to tip you $20, but I don't have any cash on me. If you drive us to the club, I can go get it from our friends" she says. She seems to really want to tip me.

"It's alright. Don't worry about it" I say. I just want them to leave.

"This is all I have" she says, and hands me a dollar.

"Thanks" I say. I don't mean it, but I stay professional.

Finally they leave. I walk around the back again, and take some pictures of the interior. Now that they're out, I can clearly capture the mess. I plan on sending these to Uber for a cleaning fee.

I take one last look from the drivers' seat, before leaving. I notice that the rear passenger seat-belt (where the dude was sitting) is twisted up. I fix it. I think to myself it was probably hanging out of the door, but it looks fine.

I turn around, and get back on the highway to go home. I can't drive anymore. These people have destroyed my car.

I should probably tell you a little bit about myself. I take very good care of my car. It is always clean. I am a smoker, but I never smoke in my car. I usually don't eat in it. My car is very important to me. I am pretty much having a mini-panic attack because of what just happened.

The smell is super strong. I can smell that oil most, and puke also. Wonderful. Where will I take a vehicle to get detailed on Sunday? Now?

I am going to have to clean my car now. The seats need to come out. If you want something done right, sometimes you must do it yourself. I don't have a weak stomach. I can clean up this mess. It's really not even that bad.

I leave the windows open in the back the whole way home. It does nothing. The "essential oil" smell is very strong. My seats are leather with cloth accents. I am worrying the entire way home if I will ever be able to get the smell out of my car. Freaking out.

I watch the video from dash cam when I get home. She sprayed oil from a small spray bottle onto my seats, and wiped it up with paper towels. It took me about 60 seconds or so to notice the smell, and ask her what it was. That's going to be fun to remove. Oil. Lovely. And she sprayed it onto leather and cloth. Outstanding.

I get home. I remove the rear seat bottoms, and take them into the house. I had to clean them (several times) with de-greaser, carpet cleaner, and detailing products to get the smell of the oil out. I had to clean the seat belt several times with two cleaners to remove the vomit smell. If i put my nose right up to the center seat cushion, I can still smell a hint of the oil on the leather. That is the best I could get it (I have a pretty good sense of smell, better than most).

So my car is back to normal (mostly, smells like cleaning products).

Two days later, on Monday night, I go offline for a few minutes, to get a car wash. I find a coin wash nearby, and clean my car. I am making my rounds, and I see it.

My right rear rim, has a bunch of strange gouges in it. I am puzzled. It can't be from a curb (I've never even curbed my car anyway). What in the world caused this?

I think for about 20 seconds and it hits me like a ton of bricks. He left the seat-belt hanging out of the door, and it was whacking my rim. That's the noise I heard. That's why the seat-belt was twisted. I am fairly certain I swore a bunch when I realized what had happened.

Uber will never do anything about it two days later. My rim is on me. I did send them a message, but it's too late.

I felt pretty stupid. How could I ever miss that? How did I not see it that night? How could I not figure this out? I was mad at myself, and the PAX.

I have been pretty scared to drive for Uber after this night. I am so worried about another experience like this one. These two really did a number on my car.

Keep a very close eye on your car, while driving for any ride-share company. Drunk people can cause damage in strange, unpredictable ways.

#14 ·
I don't have any. Why? Only 2 pukers in my Uber career. I made them both clean the puke. One of them had to do it in the rain. The other one tipped me $7 after he was done cleaning.

Reactions: tohunt4me
#17 · (Edited)
Best drunk(s) was last time I drove on Friday. Wasted dude was freaking out at how nice and clean my $5,000 Kia Sedona minivan was with its well stocked extras. He was a failed Uber driver.

Wasted GF was bonkers about how nice it smelled (room size hepa/charcoal air cleaner mounted in back). She berated him for half the ride for not having more tip cash. Like, tore into him every other minute. Not sure if she was in repeat mode or thought it was a new idea every few minutes or what. She was on the verge of tears that they weren't going to tip more than $3. My ensuring her it was fine, I appreciated the $3, had zero impact.

He did offer three beers as an additional tip but I had to refuse, low-carb keto diet. (lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks so far, no shit)

Worst? Punk millennials who threw gum on my carpet and smashed it in on purpose. Still, I got $75 for an hour of working it out (4 Uber emails to up it from $25), totally called out the account holder in front of a crowd, and one dumbass threw a piece that landed in his bro's hair and got tangled there starting a fight between them, so not so terrible.

I once carried a guy home who was in the back passenger side seat and put his head on the front seat headrest and covered his mouth the whole ride. I was sure he was going to projectile vomit, but he didn't. I never said a word at 5.6 surge on a 20+ mile ride. Puke away sir, you've earned it, and I'll make my weekend on a single ride.

#20 ·
Yesterday I drove "day" for the first time ever.

I picked up from the local hospital. Mother and daughter get in with a few bags. Nothing seemed out place. 2 minutes into the ride the mother starts moaning in serious pain. I ask the daughter if everything's ok / do I need to turn around and go back? She says it's fine and to keep heading to the destination 10-min away. She then gets on the phone and calls what I assume to be her father and eventually says "no they sent us home because moms only dilated XX cm's". 10-minutes of serious moaning and the hope that my back seat isn't about to be a delivery room made me reflect on the day/night rideshare debate. Ride ended fine but it had me on pins and needles much more than any drunk ever has.

#22 ·
One from my early days:
  • Was blocks from pick up location
  • Yelled at police from the car, calling them c*%nts and wanting to fight them
  • Had to pull over and let him spew no more than 5 times
  • Opened the door several times on a large, multilane road
  • Tore up a tissue I gave him and left it all over the seat for no reason
  • On drop of he immediately got out and pissed all over someones car

#23 ·
From last St Patrick's Day:

Arrive at UberX request pick-up location to find 5 drunk paxs who want to climb into my sedan. I roll down the window and explain that they need to request an UberXL or limit this car to 4 paxs. Drunk guy starts screaming at me "I'M AN UBER DRIVER, I'M AN UBER DRIVER- WE DO IT ALL THE TIME". I explain that I won't break the seatbelt laws - especially on a night when every cop in America is on duty. Dude screams: "YOU CAN, I'M AN UBER DRIVER, I KNOW" and then starts pounding on my car... as I drive away (quickly) he attempts to kick-in my door in and knock a side-mirror off.

(Absolutely no amount of reasoning, logic, or befriending could have diffused that situation)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.