Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still driving at 85 cents a mile and no surge? You guys need to be mentally evaluated.

The trend with Uber is that no one at Uber will ever respond to your feedback. EVER. Its about time you all dumped Uber and pick up a skill to find another job. Cut down on the hours and eventually get rid of it if you cant afford to quit right now.

America needs skilled workers and all Uber is creating is a mentality that you can make easy money while just sitting in your car.

Short term and low paying gigs like these will pay your bills at the moment, but leave you nowhere when its all gone. You need to take a decision today. There's no point in procrastinating a decision about whether to quit or not.

With Uber, the paychecks are going down every week. People who have been driving for about a year or more are witness to this. Why would you pick up a gig where you do not have any control over the outcome, however hard you work?

Spend some time on the internet, try to develop websites or other stuff, the minimum web developers get paid is 12-15 bucks an hour. And it can only go up from there.

JUST QUIT!! Spend quality time with your family in your family car (already depreciated). When the time comes that the car has been totally worn out, you wont be able to pay bills with the 20 cents a mile that Uber might offer.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
still driving at 85 cents a mile and no surge? You guys need to be mentally evaluated.

The trend with Uber is that no one at Uber will ever respond to your feedback. EVER. Its about time you all dumped Uber and pick up a skill to find another job. Cut down on the hours and eventually get rid of it if you cant afford to quit right now.

America needs skilled workers and all Uber is creating is a mentality that you can make easy money while just sitting in your car.

Short term and low paying gigs like these will pay your bills at the moment, but leave you nowhere when its all gone. You need to take a decision today. There's no point in procrastinating a decision about whether to quit or not.

With Uber, the paychecks are going down every week. People who have been driving for about a year or more are witness to this. Why would you pick up a gig where you do not have any control over the outcome, however hard you work?

Spend some time on the internet, try to develop websites or other stuff, the minimum web developers get paid is 12-15 bucks an hour. And it can only go up from there.

JUST QUIT!! Spend quality time with your family in your family car (already depreciated). When the time comes that the car has been totally worn out, you wont be able to pay bills with the 20 cents a mile that Uber might offer.
I have been saying this for the longest, but have been called an uber troll, whatever that means.

·
Registered
602 Posts

Good, truthful post! Unfortunetly most of the drivers that haven't or can't do the Uber math and still drunk on the steady stream of Screwbre Cool Aid will just write it off that you really are making the BIG UBER BUCKS and your post is just an attempt to keep it for yourself and eliminate the competition. Oh well, you tried.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

Trust me bro most of the Drivers are A$$holes if there are men Uber won't mess with them .Walmart workers, fedex you name it ,all stood against modern
Slavery !!! Only Uber Morans can't ,if they shut their iPhones everyday for two hours during busy hours they will get more money , they won't cause majority are son of the B .

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
No. They're just math lazy.

It's the same reason people are going gaga over these "tax free weekends". How it made national news headlines is insane. If they were told it was a 7% off sale, none of them would give a shit.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Well I stop driving after they cut the rate and now have a decent job. Last night In around 2Am received a text telling me to get online for surge. Uber Dallas has realize, by cutting the rate lots of driver stopped driving. Whole week no surge. U know what, "**** uber". The problem is with the new driver, they don't do the math. Uber has became big in Dallas coz of rate, they will see less driver now. Am happy that I quit, though it helped me for a while. I don't see lot of driver on app these days like it use to be before. They have capped the surge to check how many driver are still willing to drive. By doing so, driver will never have a motivation.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The truth is, there are more rate cuts to come because there are people who will drive. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they went down to $0.55 per mile.

Uber will continue to lower until they find the "sweet spot". Plan is to go as low as possible. When they've gone too low, they'll come back up another nickel or so to retain driver force but people will do this for $0.55 no question. Don't ask me why but they will.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The truth is, there are more rate cuts to come because there are people who will drive. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they went down to $0.55 per mile.

Uber will continue to lower until they find the "sweet spot". Plan is to go as low as possible. When they've gone too low, they'll come back up another nickel or so to retain driver force but people will do this for $0.55 no question. Don't ask me why but they will.
It already has begun. Read post in the new posts section from 3 days ago
"Uber admits driver retention problem"
Nothing will change till Uber runs out of clueless people who don't or can't do the Uber math!

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Agreed, but how much financial punishment will people take?
Given driving for Uber produces some nice cash flow, it can take months and sometimes a year or more before some people realize the profit from Uber driving is a lot less than the cash flow. It amazes me how these people can see that a tank of gas has a limited amount of miles it can go and then they have to pay for gas out of their cash flow... but absolutely NOTHING about the rest of the car produces the same impact on their cash flow that gas does. it's like they know gas is finite, but their car is infinite. But despite my amazement of it, it's very real, and Uber is exploiting their ignorance.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Given driving for Uber produces some nice cash flow, it can take months and sometimes a year or more before some people realize the profit from Uber driving is a lot less than the cash flow. It amazes me how these people can see that a tank of gas has a limited amount of miles it can go and then they have to pay for gas out of their cash flow... but absolutely NOTHING about the rest of the car produces the same impact on their cash flow that gas does. it's like they know gas is finite, but their car is infinite. But despite my amazement of it, it's very real, and Uber is exploiting their ignorance.
Your right. With that being said, what percentage of these new Uber drivers have taken the time or even have the ability to figure out the BOTTOM line of the UBer math to really know how much they are making?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
We see examples on this board of people who refuse to consider depreciation or increased maintenance as a cost, even when it is mentioned to them. There are endless numbers of posts on here in the general format of:

"I made $XYZ in H hours, Uber is great! Don't hate Uber ..."

·
Registered
602 Posts
We see examples on this board of people who refuse to consider depreciation or increased maintenance as a cost, even when it is mentioned to them. There are endless numbers of posts on here in the general format of:

"I made $XYZ in H hours, Uber is great! Don't hate Uber ..."
Your right, they are on here looking for confirmation that Uber is a good deal
and when you don't tell them what they want to hear your a negative person or Debbie Downer. It's no biggy that they don't listen. " a fool and thier money are soon parted" UBER ON clueless ones.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Your right. With that being said, what percentage of these new Uber drivers have taken the time or even have the ability to figure out the BOTTOM line of the UBer math to really know how much they are making?
Pretty sure it's not higher than 1%... and that is being generous. And my number correctly categorizes drivers who say "after I subtract gas I made...." as NOT doing the math, because that is ridiculously ignorant math at best.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts