Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

You know it's time to call it a night when...

9K views 75 replies 47 participants last post by  kdyrpr 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
  • You find yourself stopped at an intersection waiting for the stop sign to change
  • Listening to pax' conversations with each other, regardless of topic or content, makes you feel like garroting them with piano wire
  • Little black blobs at the side of the road are running out in front of your car

What are your signs that you're done for the night?

See less See more
#9 ·
When you wasted an hour on your last trip because you had to wait for the police to come and remove from your vehicle a third party rider who would not get out of your car..................

AND............................

...........the trip before that was some one who tried to add stops and you got into an argument with him because you balked at the stops.........................................

AND..............................

..............the trip before that was some lady who was extremely demanding and you got into an argument with her when you pointed out that you would not honour those demands because people as demanding as her almost NEVER tip and those who do tip thirty to fifty cents.....................

Three strikes and your OUT, Jack.

#16 ·
😂🤣 On God Another Uber Driver Scenario #1 happened to me! I was disgusted. That broad was on something...not just drunk!

App says driving time limit exceeded and kicks me off
😁FACTS! YOU GET DOWN LIKE ME LICH NESS!👍🏿

When midnight rolls around and u start picking up the drunks to take home
🤣😂 Facts!

#13 ·
When the following things occur:
  1. Traffic starts to get heavy.
  2. Weather becomes an issue
  3. I just get to the point where I'm sick of driving and need to get the hell out and go to the gym.
  4. When I am getting rides that force me to go across the city in traffic. THOSE are the killer rides. You are not compensated fairly. The wear and tear on you car is enormous, IE: brakes, shitty gas mileage, threat of accident from unemployed loser ghetto dwellers.

#15 ·
- You find yourself stopped at an intersection waiting for the stop sign to change
- Listening to pax' conversations with each other, regardless of topic or content, makes you feel like garroting them with piano wire
- Little black blobs at the side of the road are running out in front of your car

What are your signs that you're done for the night?
When i take naps at the redlight.

When i climb the side of the truck that just blew its horn at me, and offer to drive it around FOR them if they cant manage to do so.

#22 ·
Two things:

If I don't feel like I'm on my game, not concentrating, stressed out, tired etc... I'm done no matter what.
When the mood of the pax are really ugly over the course of a few rides or they are just pissing me off. That's just a sign to me that I will regret it if I keep going and it's come true every time I ignore it.

#25 ·
I’ll add a serious reply- and m

When I am tired and realize that I just hit my daily/weekly goal.

And, like someone posted above, when a unicorn deal ends near my house, that makes it even easier.

Example: On a Saturday night in late November well past midnight I accepted a Jack-in-the-Box gig that paid something like $12-13 and had little driving. There was over $100 of food including something like 9 drinks. I make the delivery and a VERY ATTRACTIVE lady in a bikini answered the door. Then another one also in a bikini came to the door. Then a guy who said one was his wife- the other was her friend. No, it was not a warm night at all- and they were still wearing bikinis. God bless America! I drove home right after that- I was only a few blocks away. The tip was $19.25.

P.S. I didn’t want to press my luck after that- I figured there was NO WAY the next gig could have been any better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.