Uber Drivers Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,044 Posts
Once you lose $69 in surges because everyone's doing reserved rides now. I had three back-to-back ones. I'm sitting on a $37.33 surge right now. The odds of that actually paying out I'm thinking is very slim

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
You fall asleep waiting on YOUR(no riders in the car because you've called it a night-or morning in my case usually) order in McDonald's drive-through because they're taking so g*** long and an irate customer in the car behind you jumps out raps on your window...and starts laughing as he walks back to his car...and as you sheepishly approach the window, the restaurant employee hands you your food for free while laughing his a off then asks, "Are you going to be ok getting home ma'am?"🤦🏿‍♀️Talk about a drive of shame. Gives new meaning to the phrase "fast food."🙄

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I had something like that, one of the times I got greedy and said just one more ride. 3 am, Pick up a transvestite from a a sex shop who is fighting with someone in the parking lot. Get out of there and she has to pee. Opens the door and goes right next to the van. I look over to see what the hell is going on and she says "don't peek! " like she has anything I want to see. 35 minute to the far reaches of zebulon, 2 lane middle of nowhere. Thank God she fell asleep and woke up when we got there. Didn't get home till 4am and was hating my life.
Back in the days when I was mini-cabbing in London, picked up a guy from a gay bar in Vauxhall. He said "take me to Heaven" At that time, I never knew that Heaven was a night club at Caring Cross. We live and learn. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
When my insulated lunch bag is empty, and I am having trouble keeping my eyes open. (Fudge covered Oreos are my form of crack, seriously.)

Or if the sun is starting to come up.

Or if I've been driving for a few hours, and I get one of those unicorn trips that ends a mile from my house.
That 3rd option, the home bound unicorn ride is the kiss of death for my work day.

I might get it on the 2nd trip and suddenly I’m on the couch with a bag of Ruffles

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
When the following things occur:
  1. Traffic starts to get heavy.
  2. Weather becomes an issue
  3. I just get to the point where I'm sick of driving and need to get the hell out and go to the gym.
  4. When I am getting rides that force me to go across the city in traffic. THOSE are the killer rides. You are not compensated fairly. The wear and tear on you car is enormous, IE: brakes, shitty gas mileage, threat of accident from unemployed loser ghetto dwellers.
All of these!

61 - 77 of 77 Posts