Uber Drivers Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
24,213 Posts
I've never understood why drivers here accelerate hard into red lights only to slam on the brakes.
Most of the drivers that do this here are limousine, cab and Uber/Lyft drivers. They are hoping that you will accelerate with them then not notice that they have slammed on the brakes until it is too late. The result of that is that you and they are helping some lawyer get rich. Uber SUV drivers, especially those with Virginia plates are the worst offenders here.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
When I pull into the airport que and Uber starts pinging me to pickup outside the airport and then sends me a are you still accepting trip requests message and signs me off after the second decline I’m done going home lol

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
- You find yourself stopped at an intersection waiting for the stop sign to change
- Listening to pax' conversations with each other, regardless of topic or content, makes you feel like garroting them with piano wire
- Little black blobs at the side of the road are running out in front of your car

What are your signs that you're done for the night?
When I suddenly realize that I am in my home city (and so presumably know it quite well). I am 1 block away from the Connecticut State Police Center (where I was an unhappy guest many years ago due to a misunderstanding) and I was driving down a 1 WAY Street in the wrong direction.

This actually happened yesterday. It seems that no one was watching the camera feeds and I made it home unshackled. The entire experience was troubling....

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
When I find myself close to home
When I'm falling asleep at the intersection or stop light
When I'm just flat out of it

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
- You find yourself stopped at an intersection waiting for the stop sign to change
- Listening to pax' conversations with each other, regardless of topic or content, makes you feel like garroting them with piano wire
- Little black blobs at the side of the road are running out in front of your car

I will drive until I get the Psycho ride. . .

You know:

1) the over emotional (man/woman), who goes on and on and then asks your advice
2) The WAYYYYYY to drunk individual who wants to yell at every one outside your car
3) The arguing couple that wont shut up and then asks you to take sides
4) The arguing dunk people who then want to fight . . . each other. . . .inside the car. . .
5) the creepy individual who just sits in the back . . .not saying a word. . .string at you in the rear view mirror.

I have more but those are a few I have had in my car. . .

When 9:00 p.m. arrives. I don't drive the oh-drunk-thirty shift.
I am really sorry. . . I am GOING to have to steal that term. . .. that is great.
The Oh-Drunk thirty shift . . .

please except apologies. . .

·
Premium Member
863 Posts

Your bladder's busting and you can't be stuffed going to the 7th McDonald's for the shift for a piss.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts

When entitled paxils plead to drive thru taco hell or another junk food drive thru & its packed...

·
Premium Member
10,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
1) the over emotional (man/woman), who goes on and on and then asks your advice
2) The WAYYYYYY to drunk individual who wants to yell at every one outside your car
3) The arguing couple that wont shut up and then asks you to take sides
4) The arguing dunk people who then want to fight . . . each other. . . .inside the car. . .
5) the creepy individual who just sits in the back . . .not saying a word. . .string at you in the rear view mirror.
6) The incessant welfare checker:

Pax [gets in car] - "How's it going?"
Driver - "Fine thanks"
[2 minutes pass]
Pax - "So how's your night been?"
Driver - "Great, thanks"
[2 minutes pass]
Pax - "So how are you doing tonight?"

:eek:-o: :eek:-o: :eek:-o: :eek:-o:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts

Driver - "Fine thanks"
[2 minutes pass]
Driver - "Great, thanks"
[2 minutes pass]

🙋🏿‍♀🤣🤦🏿‍♀I know what you're talking about. These passengers annoy me to no end!

·
Premium Member
9,897 Posts

Driver - "Fine thanks"
[2 minutes pass]
Driver - "Great, thanks"
[2 minutes pass]

I think there's a live survey on the pax app for "50% * off current ride", they send it to pax in cars of deivers who never answer surveys.

*maximum discount $3, not transferable, only applies to actual fare charge not market fee or minimum fare suppliment, payable in rotten sardines where cash not accepted.

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
When you need to use matchsticks.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts