Uber Drivers Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

Premium Member
Two things:

If I don't feel like I'm on my game, not concentrating, stressed out, tired etc... I'm done no matter what.
When the mood of the pax are really ugly over the course of a few rides or they are just pissing me off. That's just a sign to me that I will regret it if I keep going and it's come true every time I ignore it.

Premium Member
I just get to the point where I'm sick of driving and need to get the hell out and go to the gym.
If I start driving at 7:30am, I'm usually hitting the wall around 3:00-3:30pm. It's pretty rare I drive any more than four hours at a time. The job can get real monotonous, even if you are staying busy.

Premium Member
I鈥檒l add a serious reply- and m

When I am tired and realize that I just hit my daily/weekly goal.

And, like someone posted above, when a unicorn deal ends near my house, that makes it even easier.

Example: On a Saturday night in late November well past midnight I accepted a Jack-in-the-Box gig that paid something like $12-13 and had little driving. There was over $100 of food including something like 9 drinks. I make the delivery and a VERY ATTRACTIVE lady in a bikini answered the door. Then another one also in a bikini came to the door. Then a guy who said one was his wife- the other was her friend. No, it was not a warm night at all- and they were still wearing bikinis. God bless America! I drove home right after that- I was only a few blocks away. The tip was $19.25.

P.S. I didn鈥檛 want to press my luck after that- I figured there was NO WAY the next gig could have been any better.

Premium Member
When you're "wealthy" and join a ride share forum just to start pointless arguments and post pictures of your ugly dogs that only the elderly would care to own?

Premium Member
It's late and the trans looks good Thsts in your car
I had something like that, one of the times I got greedy and said just one more ride. 3 am, Pick up a transvestite from a a sex shop who is fighting with someone in the parking lot. Get out of there and she has to pee. Opens the door and goes right next to the van. I look over to see what the hell is going on and she says "don't peek! " like she has anything I want to see. 35 minute to the far reaches of zebulon, 2 lane middle of nowhere. Thank God she fell asleep and woke up when we got there. Didn't get home till 4am and was hating my life.

Premium Member
I miss the days I actually drove at night, not wearing a mask (or concerned about why I was), having a person riding shotgun, concerts / events, and plentiful tips.

I typically called it quits at around 10 pm prior to the shit hitting the fan here. Now, I'm not out after about 5 pm.

If I felt too tired to keep driving safely and pax were becoming more difficult to deal with (such as being dragged to my car by a bouncer), I was done.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
If I felt too tired to keep driving safely and pax were becoming more difficult to deal with (such as being dragged to my car by a bouncer), I was done.
Lol, I had one of these this weekend. Filed under "things you should never say to a rideshare driver":

Bouncer comes up to my car and says, "I'm just trying to get these people out of the bar".

Insta-cancel

🏎锔......................................

Premium Member
AND potholed streets!
When the following things occur:
  1. Traffic starts to get heavy.
  2. Weather becomes an issue
  3. I just get to the point where I'm sick of driving and need to get the hell out and go to the gym.
  4. When I am getting rides that force me to go across the city in traffic. THOSE are the killer rides. You are not compensated fairly. The wear and tear on you car is enormous, IE: brakes, shitty gas mileage, threat of accident from unemployed loser ghetto dwellers.
D

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
When I start to drop 3 or more F-bombs talking to myself in the car because another moron was in a rush to get to the next red light before me.
I've never understood why drivers here accelerate hard into red lights only to slam on the brakes.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts