Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove two 17 year olds today. They lied about their age and then fessed up.

I proactively emailed uber about it. Here's their response. Please do not drive any minors. Uber will deactivate you. All it takes is one paxhole complaining and you're done.

Note That when i responded to their email They told me i could continue driving...FOR NOW. No idea what comes next. I'm so pissed at Uber about screwing us on fares I'm Not sure I'd care anymore.

Capture+_2018-04-29-20-29-02.png

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
This is Uber’s standard boilerplate response when you report a minor. Uber has proven through years of inaction, that they dont care if you are transporting babies, as long as they pay.

·
Registered
982 Posts
This is Uber's standard boilerplate response when you report a minor. Uber has proven through years of inaction, that they dont care if you are transporting babies, as long as they pay.
They used to at least pretend like they had your back about it. Giving you a cancellation fee and saying thanks for reporting it. Now they threaten you. It's their job to enforce rules not ours.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's why you ask for ID.
Do you really ask for id? I only do that when i get a school pickup and shuffle them. I'm going to cut and paste the email now and text that to them. That should increase my shuffle rate.

I reported them because they made me wait for them and said they'd pay me for waiting. They didn't of course.

Don't mess with a desperate uber driver (yes, i know that's redundant).

·
Premium Member
11,401 Posts
This is Uber's standard boilerplate response when you report a minor. Uber has proven through years of inaction, that they dont care if you are transporting babies, as long as they pay.
I think I can fit maybe 35 babies in a LUXSUV

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Do you really ask for id? I only do that when i get a school pickup and shuffle them. I'm going to cut and paste the email now and text that to them. That should increase my shuffle rate.

I reported them because they made me wait for them and said they'd pay me for waiting. They didn't of course.

Don't mess with a desperate uber driver (yes, i know that's redundant).
Any time I get pax that clearly look under 18, first I ask how old they are. Most just tell me the truth but some of them lie. Asking for ID weeds out the rest. I've never had a rider I asked for ID turn out to be over 18.

Now, obviously there's been times, unbeknownst to me that I've given rides to minors that looked over 18, but I do my best to minimize those occurances.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,401 Posts
:eek: 35?? That's ridiculous.
Carry bungee cords, you can strap a few more on the roof. :D
Safety first lol I want a guy with a tranquilizer gun ready to put down one of those babies

I've been thinking about this a lot and i may up it to 40-45 babies lol. I mean you can fit 3 babies on the front seat side by side, and then 4 maybe 5-6 premature babies on the floor. That's like 8-10 babies just in the front

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Safety first lol I want a guy with a tranquilizer gun ready to put down one of those babies

I've been thinking about this a lot and i may up it to 40-45 babies lol. I mean you can fit 3 babies on the front seat side by side, and then 4 maybe 5-6 premature babies on the floor. That's like 8-10 babies just in the front
Reminds me of this 1980's paperback book... and its first chapter!

temp.jpg

Yea, those are the keywords -- "for now" clashes with their previous sentence "we do not penalize..."

·
Premium Member
11,401 Posts
Reminds me of this 1980's paperback book... and its first chapter!

View attachment 226368
I was talking about live babies, if they are dead, I can stack them on top of each other but they gotta be bundles together in a bag to make unloading and loading easier. Then maybe 110-120 babies if I fold all the seats down.

I would expect at least a $20 tip and all star badge

1 - 20 of 40 Posts