Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't taken a rider in a week, how has business been? I wonder if and when the kids go back to school it'll start surging again? I have a Bermuda trip in 3 weeks and I could use a few extra dollars to spend.

· Premium Member
8,246 Posts
I haven't taken a rider in a week, how has business been? I wonder if and when the kids go back to school it'll start surging again? I have a Bermuda trip in 3 weeks and I could use a few extra dollars to spend.
whys that, you doing surge only? if so bravo
otherwise it's easy to get $1.02 rides in the city

ive only made a little bit of money in DC,when im lucky enough to catch a surge,which is rare

· Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I usually uber at 6pm after my job but lately I look at the map and it's always yellow never surge. And if it surges it lasts like a minute or two then disappear. It used to be predictable, now it's a roulette spin.

· Premium Member
8,246 Posts
Yeah only do surge unless I'm stuck in the boonies and need a ride back to civilization
cool. Im in the same boat. But its near impossible to do surge only on a daily (weekday) basis. You can still catch a surge or 2 of course late night fri/sat during drunk hours. I havent resorted back to this yet. Mainly because lately ive been peekin on the app and the surges dont occur to after 1:30am. I dont like the wee wee hours

· Registered
1,310 Posts
I only do xl unless surging x. Normally go out around 9-11/midnight. The last 2 months has seen very few surges. After taking a break I started again. Made about $100/week last 2 weeks driving a couple hours a couple times a week. Got my first x surgeast night, took a 1.6 from gw to Alexandria. While I had to dead ride back to DC $27 for a x ride on the parkway (good mileage) was ok. Other than that only been doing xl rides, while not super busy has been okay. The students are coming back, as I have had a few rides again from them. I see uber drivers everywhere I drive, it's crazy!!! They are everywhere and all I hear on 99.5 is commercials to become a uber driver. So I hope the last couple weeks where we are starting to see some surges here and there builds up to a surging fall :)

· Premium Member
8,246 Posts
I only do xl unless surging x. Normally go out around 9-11/midnight. The last 2 months has seen very few surges. After taking a break I started again. Made about $100/week last 2 weeks driving a couple hours a couple times a week. Got my first x surgeast night, took a 1.6 from gw to Alexandria. While I had to dead ride back to DC $27 for a x ride on the parkway (good mileage) was ok. Other than that only been doing xl rides, while not super busy has been okay. The students are coming back, as I have had a few rides again from them. I see uber drivers everywhere I drive, it's crazy!!! They are everywhere and all I hear on 99.5 is commercials to become a uber driver. So I hope the last couple weeks where we are starting to see some surges here and there builds up to a surging fall :)
Bravo
doing XL is still a good move in the DC market

· Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bart you're right man, the last 2 months I've been out there every Friday and Saturday night and it doesn't start to surge until after 1:30am when people start to leave the bars and clubs, but the real surge kicks in a 3am on U at or Connect ave & 18th

Doing 9/10pm to 3/4am has been making me around 150 a night.. I drive a Prius so I only spend about $7 or $8 on gas, and I don't care about dead miles, I just get high and drive back the hour or whatever..

This week Monday -today I've only made $70
Lololo get high while ubering.

· Premium Member
8,246 Posts
Bart you're right man, the last 2 months I've been out there every Friday and Saturday night and it doesn't start to surge until after 1:30am when people start to leave the bars and clubs, but the real surge kicks in a 3am on U at or Connect ave & 18th

Doing 9/10pm to 3/4am has been making me around 150 a night.. I drive a Prius so I only spend about $7 or $8 on gas, and I don't care about dead miles, I just get high and drive back the hour or whatever..

This week Monday -today I've only made $70
see, this is the sad state the DC market is in
and yeah around 2:30/3am it booms, but i be too sleepy

· Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man wtf I didn't know MD rates are all over the place. I went to Ann arundel to gamble today and upon leaving I get a ping. Like immediately at the mall, so I picked them up, took them to Catonsville. 20m 11 miles or so and it was $24 cool! So I dropped them off, peed in the bushes and then got a ping to the hospital. I get there and took this nice lady, she wanted to go to DC. Traffic mother effing galore, I figure with the rate it won't be bad. Got there, dropped her off and it was only $51!!!!! Wtf. Checked the waybill it was 1.25 pick up 1.00 a mile 15 cents a minute.!!!!!!

I thought I was still getting paid 1.52 a mile!!! It was a 38 mile ride and took an hour. Wow, but anyways I sweet talked her and got $15 in cash tip, but dissappointed in fare!

Hehe but I made it seem as tho I didn wanna go to DC but matter of fact is I live here. She thought I was heading back to same spot in MD so she felt bad and tipped me, sometimes you guys just have to play the victim card.

· Premium Member
8,246 Posts
Man wtf I didn't know MD rates are all over the place. I went to Ann arundel to gamble today and upon leaving I get a ping. Like immediately at the mall, so I picked them up, took them to Catonsville. 20m 11 miles or so and it was $24 cool! So I dropped them off, peed in the bushes and then got a ping to the hospital. I get there and took this nice lady, she wanted to go to DC. Traffic mother effing galore, I figure with the rate it won't be bad. Got there, dropped her off and it was only $51!!!!! Wtf. Checked the waybill it was 1.25 pick up 1.00 a mile 15 cents a minute.!!!!!!

I thought I was still getting paid 1.52 a mile!!! It was a 38 mile ride and took an hour. Wow, but anyways I sweet talked her and got $15 in cash tip, but dissappointed in fare!

Hehe but I made it seem as tho I didn wanna go to DC but matter of fact is I live here. She thought I was heading back to same spot in MD so she felt bad and tipped me, sometimes you guys just have to play the victim card.
Catonsville is in the bmore market, so that's $1.05/mile

· Registered
3,232 Posts
DMV has been slow for the past two days. Making half of what I usually make.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.