Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://woodtv.com/2016/02/21/daltons-uber-fare-youre-not-the-shooter-are-you/

An Indianapolis-area man visiting Kalamazoo Saturday night with his family said he ordered an Uber ride because he had heard there was someone shooting people randomly around town. But he had no idea his decision would bring him face-to-face with suspected killer Jason Dalton just minutes before Dalton was arrested.

By that time, six people had been killed and two more gravely wounded at three separate locations in Richland Township, Kalamazoo and Texas Township.

Deciding it was safer to drive then walk, Derek ordered an Uber. His driver, Jason, in a dark-colored HHR, soon arrived. The family piled in. Derek in the front seat with his wife and in-laws in the back seat.

"My father mentioned from the back seat, you know, the situation with the shooter," Derek told 24 Hour News 8 in phone interview from his Indy home. "I kind of jokingly said to the driver, 'You're not the shooter, are you?' He gave me some sort of a 'no' response… shook his head…

"I said, 'Are you sure?' And he said, 'No, I'm not, I'm just tired,'" Derek continued. "And we proceeded to have a pretty normal conversation after that."

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
What did Dalton do full-time? The articles say he "moonlighted" as a Uber driver.
for his main job he worked 5 days a week as an insurance adjuster which he wasnt happy with
he was happy working for Uber
but people blame the 3 night a week he worked for Uber as the problem
all they see is Uber Uber Uber Uber Uber, they don't care that he was disgruntled with his other job, smh
people's hatred for Uber just doesn't let them see clearly

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Wow what a story, thanks for sharing this

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
for his main job he worked 5 days a week as an insurance adjuster which he wasnt happy with
all they see is Uber Uber Uber Uber Uber, they don't care that he was disgruntled with his other job, smh
Thankyou for that information. Perhaps the combination of Insurance Adjuster and Uber was toxic to this guy. Both jobs entail dealing with a lot of people.

But the insurance adjuster generates a lot of animosity, because everyone feels that the insurance company should pay them more for the property damage. I work in the insurance industry. Adjusters are under more stress than ever. They are caught between the insurer, who wants to pay out as little as possible, and the customer, who wants as much compensation as possible for their loss(es).

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I hate Uber. The way they treat their "partners" is criminal. That being said, of all the screwed up things they bring into this world they are in no way, shape, form, or fashion responsible for this guy.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Maybe he adjusted for a bunch of Uber drivers who got screwed over?

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
And he delivered his passengers safely and on time . .
thats probably the biggest puzzling event here
its alleged that he was highly upset with Uber (has to be to be shooting people)
but yet when it came down to actually picking up and carrying the pax around, he didn't express his anger (in the form of shooting) with Uber pax in the car. He only expressed his alleged beef with Uber when no pax were in his car. Just targeting random people that had nothing to do with Uber

But that's my point, this guy was a crazy man and that's who the blame should be put on,because him not killing any pax just doesn't make sense (if you believe he was so angered by low rates from Uber)

·
Registered
413 Posts
I hate Uber. The way they treat their "partners" is criminal. That being said, of all the screwed up things they bring into this world they are in no way, shape, form, or fashion responsible for this guy.
The news said he's a FORMER insurance adjuster....
Uber slashed rates two weeks after Christmas. Then drivers thought they'd make the guarantees and more money, not many did. There are drivers living in their damn cars!
It's still to soon to fully blame Uber but, I partially blame them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Dalton did 100 rides in 3 weeks and his rating was low enough to get threats about it from Uber. I'm guessing the fares in Kalalazoo are about 50 cents a mile and he probably pays Uber 25-30%!
Uber pissed off the wrong guy and they won't be able overcome the bad press this time. This story is just starting to get legs!
Ridesharing is cool and not at all the problem. UBER IS THE PROBLEM & there is no defense for the way UBER has been treating its drivers!

·
Premium Member
63,043 Posts
Thankyou for that information. Perhaps the combination of Insurance Adjuster and Uber was toxic to this guy. Both jobs entail dealing with a lot of people.

But the insurance adjuster generates a lot of animosity, because everyone feels that the insurance company should pay them more for the property damage. I work in the insurance industry. Adjusters are under more stress than ever. They are caught between the insurer, who wants to pay out as little as possible, and the customer, who wants as much compensation as possible for their loss(es).
We are going to have to watch you ,aren't we ?

(Just remember,the promotion is handing out KITTENS.
Not Bullets !)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The news said he's a FORMER insurance adjuster....
Uber slashed rates two weeks after Christmas. Then drivers thought they'd make the guarantees and more money, not many did. There are drivers living in their damn cars!
It's still to soon to fully blame Uber but, I partially blame them.
So you're saying its my jobs fault if they treat me like crap and I go out and start shooting people in the street? That makes no friggen sense. None at all. Once again, I hate Uber. They are slimy, self serving, a$$ bags who I hope go bankrupt but THIS could have been anyone, anywhere who just happened to piss this guy off.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
So you're saying its my jobs fault if they treat me like crap and I go out and start shooting people in the street? That makes no friggen sense. None at all. Once again, I hate Uber. They are slimy, self serving, a$$ bags who I hope go bankrupt but THIS could have been anyone, anywhere who just happened to piss this guy off.
Bravo

·
Registered
413 Posts
If my "job" or your "job" slashed our incomes on Jan 9, 2016 like Uber did, we'd be entitled to file for partial unemployment benefits. True story!
Uber slashed XL 45% here in SD and X about 25%. I'm not in dire straits but a lot of nice, reasonable people are since the massive rate cuts. Some of those people are no longer nice and reasonable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts