Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Honestly what the issue with a convicted felon doing uber? They paid their debt to society and have a right to earn an honest dollar. That's the problem, lots of these people are not give a second chance and there for go back to a love of crime.

It's certainly possible. Get ready for another round of background checks... and possible glitches in the system, people with clean backgrounds placed on hold. Didn't that just recently happen?
Back when I wasn't driving, my account was put on hold for the background check, took almost two months to clear it.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Honestly what the issue with a convicted felon doing uber? They paid their debt to society and have a right to earn an honest dollar. That's the problem, lots of these people are not give a second chance and there for go back to a love of crime.

Back when I wasn't driving, my account was put on hold for the background check, took almost two months to clear it.
"Paid their debt to society"? So you have no problem having a known criminal alone with your mother, wife, or daughter?

·
Registered
260 Posts

I want to be behind anyone who has learned from past serious mistakes and genuinely changed.

But, right now, I'm just hoping 3/4 of drivers fall off the roster and the rest of us drivers start making big bucks.
I know it won't happen, though.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
"Paid their debt to society"? So you have no problem having a known criminal alone with your mother, wife, or daughter?
People released from jail whom have paid their debt to society have a right to work. Society has a debt to them in helping become part of the society again. Using past convictions against someone who has paid their dues only fosters a environment were those people go back into the same circle of crime.

Would I worry about my mom or daughter, No. You know how many convicted felons work blue collar and come into your home to fix shit. I have my faith in God and dont sweat the little things I have no control over.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
People released from jail whom have paid their debt to society have a right to work. Society has a debt to them in helping become part of the society again. Using past convictions against someone who has paid their dues only fosters a environment were those people go back into the same circle of crime.
Uber, and apparently the the public, disagree.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I know majority of the public disagree but they they wonder why they recommit crimes...
They recommit crimes because they think it's ok/acceptable to commit crime..
I agree they should be given a chance, and maybe even extra help - but I do not agree in the government forcing any company to hire someone they dont want to hire especially if that company becomes liable should they commit another crime while on the job.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Yup I have a record for assault... Twice...
Would I do it again? Maybe... I dont like people ****ing with me.
Record has been expunged, has it affected me? Yes at first...
But I hold two degrees not that it matters anymore.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yup I have a record for assault... Twice...
Would I do it again? Maybe... I dont like people &%[email protected]!*ing with me.
Record has been expunged, has it affected me? Yes at first...
But I hold two degrees not that it matters anymore.
This is pretty much why I would not want to be sitting behind an ex-con Uber driver..
What if I say something wrong and you decide I'm &%[email protected]!*ing with you? In your mind it's now perfectly acceptable to assault me.
In a civil world, that is not how it works.
Thankfully, i always carry (CCW) and the end-result would likely not be in your favor.. This is what helps keep the world civil..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts