Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a couple at a upscale boat owners club. During the ride they had to brag about the over 100k boat hitting the water soon and blah blah blah.....so getting out he pulls out a huge wad of bills full of 100"s and 50's and said "all I have is big bills" - she pulls out a second wad and said "hun, should I just give him a twenty"....he said "NO, I'll tip on the app".....NOT a dime

Hope I get them again, I'm going to pull up and cancel their $6.00 ride, right in front of them and drive away.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
Had a guy that I dropped off at a very very expensive country club in Pebble Beach.

I've over heard riders say something like $150k to get in and 75k a year.

Anyway, drop off this group and guy comes up to the window and just like your pax pulls out a wad of 1oo's. Asks me if I had change. I didn't.

He pulls out a hundred and was about to give it to me. Says "guess your getting $100"

Just then his buddy says "I have a $20"

First time i was ever upset over a $20 tip.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Picked up a couple at a upscale boat owners club. During the ride they had to brag about the over 100k boat hitting the water soon and blah blah blah.....so getting out he pulls out a huge wad of bills full of 100"s and 50's and said "all I have is big bills" - she pulls out a second wad and said "hun, should I just give him a twenty"....he said "NO, I'll tip on the app".....NOT a dime

Hope I get them again, I'm going to pull up and cancel their $6.00 ride, right in front of them and drive away.
That'll show them!

·
26,225 Posts
I feel the same way about Jared.
..............especially when your Class Action Settlement consists of a voucher that allows you to buy one of his six inch sandwiches at regular menu prices and get a footlong free..............................

·
Registered
738 Posts

The old "break out big bills and then say tip in the app routine."

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Ok serious time. I dont get why people give a shit. So people brag, who cares? So they want to show rolls of bills but dont tip, who cares? You call them losers but he'll, theyve got a 100k boat and free time to enjoy it rather than having to Uber. To allow other people to dictate your mood isn't going to be healthy for you in the long run. Some people are *******, some people are cheap. Some people just dont give a f***. Who cares? Move on with your life .

Losers as they may seem to you, but looks like with that cash roll and boat, seems like their winning to me.

·
Registered
738 Posts
You can brag all day, but you look like an ass when you lie about a tip. It was an interesting enough of a story to post at this whinefest forum. That's why I post here. To vent. I'm not going to rage on a pax. I also feel that rich people can be losers. They win from having money, but maybe their dad gave it to them. They lose if they have no class. Money is only one way to be a winner.

·
Registered
142 Posts
$100k for a boat isn't impressive these days. I was out with my buddy Friday night on his $120k MasterCraft and we were the poor folks. We got on his friend's $360k center console after dinner and a couple of drinks. That was a boat. Three screws each putting out over 300Hp.

But agree, I get the fewest tips from folks like that. Love to brag about their money. They aren't the "Have's" or the "Have Nots". They're the "Have Not Paid for What They Haves"...

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
The rich never tip unless they are seen tipping. Thats why they always say "I'll tip you in the app". They don't want anyone to know what dirtbags they are.
"Hey XXXX, did you know that nearly everybody who says they'll tip in the app doesn't? We are now accustomed to that line being a lie, so even if you intend to tip, don't say that!"

If you deliver it in a friendly, informative manner you will get some interesting responses. And more often than not, tips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts