Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don't worry, you will stop caring about the ratings after a while. There will always be people who rate you low just to f with you. Just do the same. If you don't tip me in my case, you as a rider will automatically get 4 stars no matter how cute or nice you are. I never push people to tip or have silly tip jars, but if you are not considerate enough to think about it, then you are no 5 star material.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Had a last last night. All upset Coz Her uberx driver was doing 56 in a 35. She asked him to slow down and he told her I've been driving for 22 years. I know what I'm doing and continued to speed. She asked if he could turn the radio off. He changed the channel and kept driving informing her.

She said, she's going to use select now but it's so expensive. But she doesn't feel safe in uberx anymore.

Driver was a 4.7. She said no way he was a 4.7. Why is it all the drivers have high ratings. I told her because if we go below 4.6 we get deactivated. Most people just give 5*.

She says she never gives 5*'s. She said she was worried about reporting him to uber because the driver knows where she lives. I said, uber won't tell the driver who complained. But since you jumped out of the car at a stop sign he's probably going to be able to figure it out.

She asked what does uber do if she reports him. I told her not a thing. He gets a report card at the end of the week. It will tell him area for improvements. So if you report him for dangerous driving. It will say he has 1 report of dangerous driving and he needs to work on it.

I said there's a driver with around 17 reported incidents and he's still driving. Reporting a driver to uber is useless. They don't care.

She was shocked. So if I report him he'll still be able to drive? Yes, he'll still drive unless you report for something serious. Like life threatening. Pulling a knife on you, stealing from you, etc. but driving like crap or his attitude won't have an impact on him being able to log into the system.

She was shocked. Said I guess I won't report him then as it won't do any good. I'll just rate him low. I said, ok.

But your low rating will fall off in 499 more trips. As the rating is only the average of the last 500 rides. She says, huh?? It's a rolling average. Most of the uberx driver go through about 20-30 rides a day so your rating isn't going to last more than a month

Well, she got taught last night. Quiet the rest of the ride. I think passengers need to realize how insignificant their low ratings really are.

I don't want to go into demographics but she fits the stereotype that I have talked about in the past of the worse passengers that will never give 5*.

Don't sweat your ratings. Who cares. You're doing them a favor and they can't even appreciate you with a tip.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Oh, I dunno... If my speedo reads 56, that flashing sign radar thing? It'll read 51-52.

Furthermore, such folk are prone to exaggeration.

Maybe 42...or maybe in a 45 zone.

I *know* for a fact some pax take a flashing red to mean STAY, and a flashing yellow to mean STOP.... Or tell you reproachingly "you were supposed to go in the right lane, there's a turn coming up in two lights" --- to which you can just reply incredulously "we're sitting first on the line at a red light. In a diesel bimmer. The turn is two lights away. UPHILL."

Etc. You get the idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts