Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What benefits are there to being an xl driver as opposed to regular x? If you had a choice which would you choose? Are the earnings significantly higher for xl? I am currently x, I can switch to my wife's car and go xl, just not sure if it's worth it....

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Adding her car to your profile shouldn't cost anything except perhaps an inspection if required. Take it out and find out.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Nothing says "I love you honey", like handing your significant other the keys to their puke-filled/cancelled-insurance/urine-stained/blown-engine (insert any multitude/type of Uber occurrence here) car.

Remind her you DID get 5 stars, though.

;)
Dat love

·
Registered
41 Posts
What benefits are there to being an xl driver as opposed to regular x? If you had a choice which would you choose? Are the earnings significantly higher for xl? I am currently x, I can switch to my wife's car and go xl, just not sure if it's worth it....
It depends on the city layout more than anything, and what time of the day you are working.

I originally had my Explorer signed up to except X fares as well as XL fares. I quickly realized that was not a good move for me. I never got any XL Requests because I was always running X fare Request. I had Uber set up a second Profile that only excepted XL Request which I use 98% of the time.

Atlanta is a spread out city, so Uber X Drivers don't hangout in the Suburbs that much since requests are fewer. Most of the request that are non bar related are 1 and 2 passenger rides that were forced to request an XL since no X driver will go over 5 mins for a ride ever since the Rate Cuts last month. I'm making more money sticking around for the fewer XL requests versus fighting it out with the Uber X drives in the Bar Area. Plus Driving XL in Atlanta can be beneficial to getting Airport Runs that average 35 miles/45 mins. ($65-$75) from the Northern Suburbs.

I do see a lot fewer Surge Request when I stick to the XL Only vehicle profile. If the Surge goes over 3.0X then I'll switch over to the X Fare profile temporarily. But as soon as it drops below 3.0X I switch back to the XL Profile.

I'd recommend you take your wife's vehicle and create one profile for Uber X and XL, and one profile for just XL. It is really beneficial to be able to switch back and forth when the venue calls for it.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts