Uber Drivers Forum banner

XL vs Lux vs Lux xl

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Compper 
#1 ·
So I have been driving for about one month, a few long nights/wk and a few hours a day here and there. I currently drive a very nice truck, and can squeeze out 19-22 mpg, but for an X car at reg. rates, it is not worth it... thank you pool. Also.. Ive noticed pool has all but wiped out the nice afternoon and late night surges I was seeing at first.

My question is to you all that drive XL and up... Is it worth it here in SoFla? How many pings per week? I will increase my payment by like 200-300 /month for a Lux xl vehicle. Just curious before I make the jump.

#7 ·
I was thinking the same thing

I do understand the inherent risk.. I.e. Fee reduction.. Request trend.. Etc. Then.. of course the possibility that Uber will be shut down. However, I am doing this as PT and possibly as a great excuse to buy a Tahoe

#11 ·
You can make more money on the Lux platform but it can be very frustrating at times. I frequently wait hours for a ping even during the busy times. At both the airports is usually between 3-4 hours to get a ping.
I think LuxSUV can be worth it but only if you are willing to put in the time and can stand sitting in your car for hours. I would say you need to put in a minimum of 60 hours a week to justify the extra expense associated with the Lux vehicle. I frequently log in over 80 hours.

#12 ·
You can make more money on the Lux platform but it can be very frustrating at times. I frequently wait hours for a ping even during the busy times. At both the airports is usually between 3-4 hours to get a ping.
I think LuxSUV can be worth it but only if you are willing to put in the time and can stand sitting in your car for hours. I would say you need to put in a minimum of 60 hours a week to justify the extra expense associated with the Lux vehicle. I frequently log in over 80 hours.
Hello Basmati , how much are you making week before and after expenses if you don't mind ? Are you using LuxSUV? what's the model and year production of your car ? Thank you very much for the info man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.