This thread is for the XL drivers...

I want to share some experiences....

that you would usually only have...

if you drive XL or a combination...

First question....

has anyone else noticed...

that a fair number of your rides...

are 4 or less passengers...

they seem to be getting larger vehicle...

they know XL is SUV or larger...

anyone else notice this...?

Rakos

·
6,894 Posts

First question....

Rakos
I noticed I got that a lot at the airport when I drove the Mazda5 before I sold it.

·
Administrator
6,711 Posts
Yep.

XL requests - 2 dudes going to a wedding,

I've driven a woman and her abuelita to Sunday brunch.

Drove a wedding dress with a bride and maid of honor.

Some people think that you get a better car when you order XL.

People have stated before that they didn't want to be cramped up in a small car.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have been told that if you order an xl the next time you go to get a car the xl is the default so people order them by accident. I had 1 today, 1 pax 1.6 surge, 19 miles.

I also had one today from a hotel to airport. When I pulled up the hotels airport shuttle was there getting ready to leave. We followed it the entire way. No idea why he ordered a car.

·
Premium Member
11,404 Posts
I have been told that if you order an xl the next time you go to get a car the xl is the default so people order them by accident. I had 1 today, 1 pax 1.6 surge, 19 miles.

I also had one today from a hotel to airport. When I pulled up the hotels airport shuttle was there getting ready to leave. We followed it the entire way. No idea why he ordered a car.
Some people got more money than sense.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have had two single person xl rides I think were a mistake.

I am increasingly finding what the OP mentions. Last night I did three XL and two were four passengers (young ladies). One got in and asked her friend why they did xl and I think just for the space. I said it is Friday so treat yourself! XL guarantees they won't be thrown into a subconmpact and have one of them next to the driver.

Last night I started texting them when I get XL saying I am on my way and let me know if they have more than six. I would rather they cancel on me instead of play clown car because I am not again driving more than my seat belts.

my van seats seven passengers. Does anybody know if uber/lyft insurance only covers up to the number of people on the waybill or the number of seat belts? If I do x and get five am I good? If I do seven am I still good in my van?

·
Administrator
6,711 Posts
If you have 7 seatbelts I've been told we're covered. You have to have a seatbelt for each pax.

Favorite Plus pick-up was for 4 plus sized ladies going shopping at the mall. Ya know, at least they knew they would be more comfortable in a larger vehicle.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts

First question....

Rakos
I would say 80% of my xl requests are one or two riders. I assume they ordered XL accidentally but who am I to question their a stamgers travel habits.

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you have 7 seatbelts I've been told we're covered. You have to have a seatbelt for each pax.

Favorite Plus pick-up was for 4 plus sized ladies going shopping at the mall. Ya know, at least they knew they would be more comfortable in a larger vehicle.
The town car only has six belts and qualifies for a xl

·
Registered
8,587 Posts

I am increasingly finding what the OP mentions. Last night I did three XL and two were four passengers (young ladies). One got in and asked her friend why they did xl and I think just for the space. I said it is Friday so treat yourself! XL guarantees they won't be thrown into a subconmpact and have one of them next to the driver.

Last night I started texting them when I get XL saying I am on my way and let me know if they have more than six. I would rather they cancel on me instead of play clown car because I am not again driving more than my seat belts.

my van seats seven passengers. Does anybody know if uber/lyft insurance only covers up to the number of people on the waybill or the number of seat belts? If I do x and get five am I good? If I do seven am I still good in my van?
Its a million dollar policy. 1 or 7 riders

·
Administrator
6,711 Posts
I understand that an XL only has to seat 6.

my van seats seven passengers. Does anybody know if uber/lyft insurance only covers up to the number of people on the waybill or the number of seat belts
I was responding to this ^^^

·
Banned
2,822 Posts

First question....

Rakos
Most of my XL rides are 2 or less pax. Pax don't like the micro cars people are using for X

Coverage ends if you have more people than seat belts

·
Administrator
6,711 Posts
7, driver plus 6 passengers
Stop it:mad:

You know what I meant.

And now that I reread this ^^^
I'm not sure how that's an XL.

Anyway, I can seat 7 pax PLUS me. So I have in total 8 seatbelts. 1 for me and 7 more for whomever is riding.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Coverage ends if you have more people than seat belts
I have an 8 seat total van (8 seatbelts), so can take 7 passengers belted. I assume uber/lyft insurance cover all those passengers and not just six of them? I won't contact uber over it (don't trust their $2/hour worker responses) and I dno't want to read a massive pdf ;)

Thanks!

This actually gives me a nice excuse to txt pax on the way to pickup. I did it starting thursday: "Hi <name>, on my way! I can do as many as 7 total--I have an extra seat I can install if you need it.". The couple times I did this I got immediate texts back saying they only had 4. There is a slight ulterior motive, too; it opens up a tiny communication which may grease the skids a bit on me arriving. Mainly it's because I just want them to know I will have to take seatbelt count seriously and if they have 8 they ought to cancel now and save us both the time.

6 total with 3 front/3 back, right? There's no way that qualifies for XL because XL and lyft plus both allow up to 6 passengers. A towncar only has 5 belted in unless driver sits on one of their laps.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have an 8 seat total van (8 seatbelts), so can take 7 passengers belted. I assume uber/lyft insurance cover all those passengers and not just six of them? I won't contact uber over it (don't trust their $2/hour worker responses) and I dno't want to read a massive pdf ;)

Thanks!

This actually gives me a nice excuse to txt pax on the way to pickup. I did it starting thursday: "Hi <name>, on my way! I can do as many as 7 total--I have an extra seat I can install if you need it.". The couple times I did this I got immediate texts back saying they only had 4. There is a slight ulterior motive, too; it opens up a tiny communication which may grease the skids a bit on me arriving. Mainly it's because I just want them to know I will have to take seatbelt count seriously and if they have 8 they ought to cancel now and save us both the time.

6 total with 3 front/3 back, right? There's no way that qualifies for XL because XL and lyft plus both allow up to 6 passengers. A towncar only has 5 belted in unless driver sits on one of their laps.
unless they have changed it...

I have always been of the mind...

that Uber is supposed to be limited...

to 6 pax only....

does anyone have other information...

that says otherwise...

inquiring monkey minds want to know...

Rakos

1 - 20 of 24 Posts