Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things continue to change for the worse with UberX. Here is why XL and Select are about to take a dive....

- disgruntled X drivers who simply cannot get rideshare off their minds but insist on making more than minimum wage will convert over to XL and Select

- any surge on these platforms will disappear

- when there are enough drivers Uber will lower the rates. XL is 1.30 in detroit... not much more than X after expenses

- with more drivers it will be more difficult to get a return trip, so wasted time and expenses driving back

My guess is xl and select drivers will be making half as much in about 6 months

·
Premium Member
3,780 Posts
- disgruntled X drivers who simply cannot get rideshare off their minds but insist on making more than minimum wage will convert over to XL and Select
There is one thing saving XL and Select from the influx of disgruntled X drivers moving up the food chain. X drivers making minimum wage won't be able to afford a vehicle that qualifies for XL or Select.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
There is one thing saving XL and Select from the influx of disgruntled X drivers moving up the food chain. X drivers making minimum wage won't be able to afford a vehicle that qualifies for XL or Select.
This is exactly what I don't understand. So theoretically you have an X driver. He is struggling to make it happen. Getting out on the regular, only to be disappointed in what he brings home. You really think the next thought is, "oh I should definitely go buy a nicer, newer car so I can be Select/XL and make more"? It seems like an illogical jump.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It amazes me when I come across someone who talks about driving for uber. Maybe they didn't get the update that there's no money in it anymore...

Pax works for Home Depot corporate says he is thinking about doing it

I opened up a checking account at Wells Fargo 2 days ago and the banker said she's thinking about doing it

I took a traveling consultant to the airport and he said he's thinking about driving for Uber

I think the third passenger is the most lost here... he was prolly making 90k already... what a dummy

·
Premium Member
3,780 Posts
It amazes me when I come across someone who talks about driving for uber. Maybe they didn't get the update that there's no money in it anymore...

I opened up a checking account at Wells Fargo 2 days ago and the banker said she's thinking about doing it

I took a traveling consultant to the airport and he said he's thinking about driving for Uber

I think the third passenger is the most lost here... he was prolly making 90k already... what a dummy
They think it is easy money. Just drive a few pax a day and a few miles a day and the cash will flow. We all know it doesn't work like this. We all know you have to work at it like any job to see any kind of positive return on your investment of time, energy and capital. I never sugar coat it when someone asks about driving Uber.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not from some of those lower end luxury vehicles I have seen doing select. You can can find a used luxury or XL vehicle that can do both. I hear all the time that my top of the line Mazda 6 with rlux features looks better than some vehicles on select.

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts

You're right. There's is NO money in Uber unless you're referring to 2014 and prior to that. It's just a bunch of foolishness now. If I knew back then what I know now...

·
Registered
626 Posts
I know people who are still making good money on Select and XL. Uber X only does well for large events and weekends since high morning surges are gone. You must find what works for you. It generally involves long trips to and from the airport.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
XL vans can get pretty crazy-cheap...$2-3k.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i think Uber X is great for supplemental income! If you are replacing a full-time income I believe xl select etc. would be a better choice. People are disgruntled because they are trying to make uber their life! It's just not possible! No 401k vacation or any other perks use it for what it is and move on.....

·
Registered
28 Posts

I work for a car dealership! All I hear all day is how they need a car to drive uber like it's their saving grace!!! I just want to school them!!! But it's not my place....

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
This is exactly what I don't understand. So theoretically you have an X driver. He is struggling to make it happen. Getting out on the regular, only to be disappointed in what he brings home. You really think the next thought is, "oh I should definitely go buy a nicer, newer car so I can be Select/XL and make more"? It seems like an illogical jump.
I know of 2 people who did that.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
The people you surround yourself with don't use logical reasoning? I am shocked!
Making 300 per day (non surge) in 5 rides vs whatever uberX pay? Yea I guess they're the stupid ones. By the way they weren't my friends just people who drive uberX that I met.. You wonder why I call you an angry lady. You get very bitter whenever someone promote something contrary to your message. You have some serious personal issues you may need clinical attention ASAP.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I know people who are still making good money on Select and XL. Uber X only does well for large events and weekends since high morning surges are gone. You must find what works for you. It generally involves long trips to and from the airport.
Please elaborate on your definition of "good money"? Curious to know what that means to ensure we are all on the same page...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Uber select is already gone downhill. I went from 500+ a week to barely breaking 300. I must be doing something wrong if you guys are still making 1k a week.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.