Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at leasing a car through the Xchange leasing, has anyone done it and what are the pros and cons of it ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I was thinking about it.

Lol.... I'm approved to pick up a leased car from the Xchange the price will be between $130 to $170 per week I told them no thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,623 Posts
I talked to a very nice new driver today, and he was in a leased minivan.

He came up to me and asked if Uber lease was good. He said it was his "primero vez," so I think it was his first day. He spoke very little English and I don't speak enough Spanish to tell him what I think. Hopefully somebody will tell him the truth. I feel bad for the guy, because he really got conned by some recruiter.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wow wait till he gets the bill for that lease if it's from the xchange that's really messed up you can lease a Mercedes for what they are asking

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that's what I was told but it's still a lot even if it's $100 a week it's $400 a month

·
Registered
790 Posts
I talked to a very nice new driver today, and he was in a leased minivan.

He came up to me and asked if Uber lease was good. He said it was his "primero vez," so I think it was his first day. He spoke very little English and I don't speak enough Spanish to tell him what I think. Hopefully somebody will tell him the truth. I feel bad for the guy, because he really got conned by some recruiter.
JimKE you need to learn spanish so you can communicate with Uberpoo riders.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh wow wait till he gets the bill for that lease if it's from the xchange that's really messed up you can lease a Mercedes for what they are asking
You are corrrct you can lease a Mercedes for those numbers however you can not get an unlimited miles Mercedes with the right to return when ever you want. Also you can lease Sentra or Corolla for a lot less . But with limit on miles if you go over miles it will cost you a lot more. The truth of the matter is 170 is about the true depreciation of the Vechile.
Does anyone one have the full change leasing terms that they can post here!

Yes that's what I was told but it's still a lot even if it's $100 a week it's $400 a month
Fake news Alert
400 a month unlimited miles plus oils changes is a bargain. Versus buying a corrolla for 300 per month for 60 to 72 months having to pay all oil changes . It's a lot more especially if you are full time and will never make it to 72 months with the car . That would be close to 350k miles imagine all the maintance expenses in there.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
The truth of the matter is 170 is about the true depreciation of the Vechile.
Does anyone one have the full change leasing terms that they can post here!
Yes. A new Prius C costs $19.5k. one year and 40,000 miles later it's worth $12.5k. $7,000, or $140 per week depreciation, which is what the Xchange lease costs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been looking at leasing a car through the Xchange leasing, has anyone done it and what are the pros and cons of it ?
The question I've always had about these leasing programs is whether there's any rules regarding who's allowed to drive the lease vehicle. If a reliable partner can be found that likes to work the opposite shift as you then $170/2 week isn't so bad. I would think anybody who's actually driving full time puts atleast $85 worth of depreciate + maintenance on their vehicle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok so the numbers seem to be good, I currently am using a 2010 Jeep Liberty I bought in 2015 and now has 70,000 miles on it but I think it wastes a lot more gas then if I get a Honda or Toyota.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I would think anybody who's actually driving full time puts atleast $85 worth of depreciate + maintenance on their vehicle.
Nope. 4 months ago I paid $3,900 for an old Camry. 12,000 miles later, it's still worth $3,900. $0 depreciation per week.

That same amount of time in an Xchange vehicle would have cost me $2,500 in lease payments.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nope. 4 months ago I paid $3,900 for an old Camry. 12,000 miles later, it's still worth $3,900. $0 depreciation per week.

That same amount of time in an Xchange vehicle would have cost me $2,500 in lease payments.
You are correct and I agree paying the full price of the lease is a no win situation as the prices are too high. But if a partner is taken in and the cost of the lease could then be cut in half and possibly become profitable.

I also don't think you situation applies to most folks since you were able to find a vehicle way under market rate. I would say the value of your vehicle was worth more than $3,900 when you bought it and still worth more than this amount.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts