Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To everyone that's doing Xchange Lease: call or go to the DMV and double check your plates. I went to the DMV to renew my registration this month and got a run around.

Basically when Uber sold Xchange Lease to the idiots (you'd HAVE to be an idiot to do business with Uber) at Fair.com, when Fair.com got new title paperwork done on the vehicles, they were issues new license plates. The ates you currently have may not be valid, or soon may not be.

I went into the DMV, gave the drone behind the counter my license and he couldn't pull it up. I gave him the tag number and he found it then, but then told me that 'XCL Title' had just renewed the registration and gotten new tags, but no one from Xchange Lease could tell me where the goddamn license plates were. $10 fee for me to get a new set of plates.

The guy at the DMV said I was lucky I didn't get pulled over, because if a cop ran the license plates that were currently on the car, they would've come back as dead tags.

I guess Rohit's pulling double duty at Xchange Lease now.

Just an FYI.

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
To everyone that's doing Xchange Lease: call or go to the DMV and double check your plates. I went to the DMV to renew my registration this month and got a run around.

Basically when Uber sold Xchange Lease to the idiots (you'd HAVE to be an idiot to do business with Uber) at Fair.com, when Fair.com got new title paperwork done on the vehicles, they were issues new license plates. The ates you currently have may not be valid, or soon may not be.

I went into the DMV, gave the drone behind the counter my license and he couldn't pull it up. I gave him the tag number and he found it then, but then told me that 'XCL Title' had just renewed the registration and gotten new tags, but no one from Xchange Lease could tell me where the goddamn license plates were. $10 fee for me to get a new set of plates.

The guy at the DMV said I was lucky I didn't get pulled over, because if a cop ran the license plates that were currently on the car, they would've come back as dead tags.

I guess Rohit's pulling double duty at Xchange Lease now.

Just an FYI.
Damn then I need to check this shit asap.
I renewed my tags Jan 1st...and MVA accepted it

Thanks for the info dude

And does this mean that title of the car and title number has been changed as well??

·
Premium Member
24,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn then I need to check this shit asap.
I renewed my tags Jan 1st...and MVA accepted it

Thanks for the info dude

And does this mean that title of the car and title number has been changed as well??
I had a new title number. It was a shitshow straightening it out.

*First called Xchange. The first person said 'let me put you through to a supervisor', where the phone rang for approximately 100 rings before I hung up.
*Called back, explained to dude who had a clue. He talked to someone, who thought maybe it was done by Donlen (Donlen handles the oil changes) and gave me their number.
*Called Donlen where the woman told me they don't do that
*Called Xchange Lease again and got a supervisor. Kept her on the line while I went back to the DMV counter and ultimately the DMV drone cancelled out the Xchange Lease tags and gave me a new set of tags (for $10).

I would go TO DMV (MVA in your case since I think you're in MD) to make sure. Don't rely on Xchange Lease to get it right or have the info. In VA we have DMV express offices where you can do car stuff. Not sure if MD has those.

Not being alarmist but when the guy said the tags currently on my car were dead, that got my attention

Also a funny thing: I had to upload a picture of my new registration since it was expiring. When I uploaded it:

Uber- Rohit, to his credit, looked at the registration, noted the new license plate number and actually put the new tag number in the app.

Lyft- Rovil, Rohits 'slower' brother at Lft, dutifully noted the expiration date of registration but neglected to notice that the tag number has changed. Of course there's no place in the app to change it. I'll have to call Lyft at some point.

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
I had a new title number. It was a shitshow straightening it out.

*First called Xchange. The first person said 'let me put you through to a supervisor', where the phone rang for approximately 100 rings before I hung up.
*Called back, explained to dude who had a clue. He talked to someone, who thought maybe it was done by Donlen (Donlen handles the oil changes) and gave me their number.
*Called Donlen where the woman told me they don't do that
*Called Xchange Lease again and got a supervisor. Kept her on the line while I went back to the DMV counter and ultimately the DMV drone cancelled out the Xchange Lease tags and gave me a new set of tags (for $10).

I would go TO DMV (MVA in your case since I think you're in MD) to make sure. Don't rely on Xchange Lease to get it right or have the info. In VA we have DMV express offices where you can do car stuff. Not sure if MD has those.

Not being alarmist but when the guy said the tags currently on my car were dead, that got my attention

Also a funny thing: I had to upload a picture of my new registration since it was expiring. When I uploaded it:

Uber- Rohit, to his credit, looked at the registration, noted the new license plate number and actually put the new tag number in the app.

Lyft- Rovil, Rohits 'slower' brother at Lft, dutifully noted the expiration date of registration but neglected to notice that the tag number has changed. Of course there's no place in the app to change it. I'll have to call Lyft at some point.
Xchange customer service is damn useless,I know...I hate calling those idiots

..and why didn't the DMV cancelled the tags on your car on the first time you went and give you new tags since the old tags were dead??

Why did you have to keep xchange rep on the line to get the new tags?? Did DMV say that they aren't allowed to do so without xchange approval or something??

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
There is no way Camry White Ear Piece Brigade would know what to do, given the complexity you explained. I hope they all get deactivated.

Sorry not sorry.
Actually this isn't true. They all get the message at the same time through their ear pieces from the Uber God's. The ear piece facilitates this communication.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
I don’t get this.Exchange lease.Do you own the car in the tittle and shown a finance company below?Or the tittle is in their name?How do they cancel the tags on your car?On any lease, the car is in YOUR NAME and has a lien below.

They can repo the car , with a REPO order but they cannot register your car on someone name without your approval.If the car is on their name and your name is nowhere to be seen, legally you just have a loaner.Is your name in the tittle?

I used to do dealership and salvages tittles , and I can say I was pretty familiar with challenging situations, especially out of state registrations , but this leasing, seems to me is Jerry rigged.

·
Premium Member
24,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't get this.Exchange lease.Do you own the car in the tittle and shown a finance company below?Or the tittle is in their name?How do they cancel the tags on your car?On any lease, the car is in YOUR NAME and has a lien below.

They can repo the car , with a REPO order but they cannot register your car on someone name without your approval.If the car is on their name and your name is nowhere to be seen, legally you just have a loaner.Is your name in the tittle?

I used to do dealership and salvages tittles , and I can say I was pretty familiar with challenging situations, especially out of state registrations , but this leasing, seems to me is Jerry rigged.
Both names, mine and Xchange Lease, are on the registration. It reads

XCL Titling Trust
C/O New2This living under a bridge (my name and address)

I kept the Xchange Lease person on the phone because I wanted to get it done and not schlep back to the DMV again

·
26,185 Posts
There is no way Camry White Ear Piece Brigade would know what to do, given the complexity you explained.
I would pay money to see that [solid waste]show at a Registry Office.

They all get the message at the same time through their ear pieces from the Uber God's. The ear piece facilitates this communication.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I think I'm getting a white ear piece. That sounds like a quality information feed.
^^^^^The difference is that you would know what to do with the information. Members of Team Camry would have no idea what to do with it.^^^^^

·
Premium Member
24,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I think I'm getting a white ear piece. That sounds like a quality information feed.
You already know how to make a dangerous U-turn, not know how to use a turn signal and putter along 15 mph under the speed limit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received no registration renewal paperwork in the mail as per usual. I assumed it was because the xchange-FAIR transfer.

I go to renew my tags and find they want $277. I don't have that. This vehicle has kept me sustained in poverty for 2 years. I tried finding a means of contacting FAIR or Xchange about this and found no functioning pathway. You guys notice their websites have fake contact information?

I finally decide to google if this b.s. happened to anyone else and found this thread.

Now I have no indication my plates aren't valid, the number comes up on CA DMV website. But I'm assuming it's a similar situation. They effectively sold the vehicle to FAIR who re-registered the entire fleet.

I don't see how it's legal to stick the driver with new registration fees. That would be like we had purchased the vehicle from ourself.

Now it's a new month so a $50 late fee has been tacked on. It's well over $300 now.

Not a damn word from FAIR or Xchange about this? No warning? How is this not FAIR's bill?

Yes I'm the one of the half dozen idiots still trapped in this contract. Their website, contact info, and communication with lease holders is literally at Nigerian Scam level.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
I received no registration renewal paperwork in the mail as per usual. I assumed it was because the xchange-FAIR transfer.

I go to renew my tags and find they want $277. I don't have that. This vehicle has kept me sustained in poverty for 2 years. I tried finding a means of contacting FAIR or Xchange about this and found no functioning pathway. You guys notice their websites have fake contact information?

I finally decide to google if this b.s. happened to anyone else and found this thread.

Now I have no indication my plates aren't valid, the number comes up on CA DMV website. But I'm assuming it's a similar situation. They effectively sold the vehicle to FAIR who re-registered the entire fleet.

I don't see how it's legal to stick the driver with new registration fees. That would be like we had purchased the vehicle from ourself.

Now it's a new month so a $50 late fee has been tacked on. It's well over $300 now.

Not a damn word from FAIR or Xchange about this? No warning? How is this not FAIR's bill?

Yes I'm the one of the half dozen idiots still trapped in this contract. Their website, contact info, and communication with lease holders is literally at Nigerian Scam level.

Any help appreciated.
I helpe you get it al taken care of. Al you hav to do is wire me the money for the fees. I promis you.

·
Premium Member
24,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Any help appreciated.
They mailed me a new set of tags. Granted it was late when they mailed them, but I didn't have to pay anything for the renewal.

800.436.7086 is the number I have for them

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I don't get this.Exchange lease.Do you own the car in the tittle and shown a finance company below?Or the tittle is in their name?How do they cancel the tags on your car?On any lease, the car is in YOUR NAME and has a lien below.

Hi, Do you have any knowledge or transferring titles if leasing company goes out of business? I just received a contact for department that handles these types of liens but ive been wondering what it will look like. I had a car with me as lessee and Xchange as lessor and lien holder. Made my payments up until one day they said they werent able to take payment. They were do to call me back. This was 3 years ago. Still have vehicle. Cared for, stored , Kept registration but never got my right to exercise buyout. Its been two years since buyout option. That car is no longer worth that amount. I'd still like to keep the car, But they skipped town and Fair has no record of me. So i was thinking mechanics lien or just transfer without title. Any ideas? sounds like you are knowledgeable in this process. Its a weird one .I still hold original contract and they didnt fullfill their obligation to me. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts

Any help appreciated.
So, yes. I made this post in search of anyone with similar situation. It sounds like for the most part, FAIR received info on everyones vehicle and assumed or tried to change contracts. Most people probably lost the original. I save all my receipts for major purchases and any contracts i sign as its wise to do. The main issue is, I've made the payments and made all attempts to pay and at this point they dipped before i can get an appropriate buyout. No new tags sent to me. Its always been on me to keep the car registered and insured. Even their contract releases them from ANY liability arising from the vehicle . No problem, I'll take it as I have. Now its time to get me a title as rightful owner. It sounds like they still have track of your vehicle. I would attempt to do a transfer of title. Chances are you've paid way over what the car is worth during this time. Liability falls on you and so should the title. I'd research mechanics lien on vehicle and also transfer without title. The DMV should help you with this process. Thats step one. Step two, consult an attorney, but if youre short on cash that may not be an option unless you have a family member or friend that practices law. Call DMV and let them know your leaseholder went out of business and youd like to have title transferred as there is a process and its a legal one.

That's just what I was thinking.

What? You stole Uber's car?

You are my hero.

The best I could do was give them their Xchange Lease Prius back as a crushed soda can. 🤣

(It got rear ended and totaled. )
Engine? yah it didnt have one of those.....

If I'd known how @@@@ed up Uber Xchange Lease Program were I would've kept mine too. 🤦‍♂
Yah, I read a friends contract and it was ridiculous. Like who would sign that, but i understand if it was the only means to get the vehicle. The contract had every situation in it where they could just take the car back . It also made them not responsible if anything detrimental happened. The lease said nothing about their obligation or responsibilities. Only all the things they did not have to do or pay for and what they could bill for and how many different ways they could assume the vehicle back. It was crazy.... Nothing about upholding their responsibilities. All of "Thier" rights, No rights to lessee in event they failed on their part. Just because its not mentioned in contract, doesn't mean they have no responsibility. Huge detour ant. But you do have rights and can take action

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.