Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTH i live in PG county and noticed I havnt received a trip in hours. I call support they tell me I cant recieve trips in Mo and PG county due to new regulations. Any other county in MD is ok except these two. Even Baltimore is ok. Read the response I got. Im pissed ...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,078 Posts
My guess is they think you're Black.

Uber is a technology company right?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went through the whole uber black conversation with them. An hour of my life. They are saying its coming down the pipe line and its for any TNC and it will be hitting all drivers. This is just a mo and pg county thing. Never got a warning or email but I know what triggered it was when I uploaded my new inspection certificate.

·
Premium Member
28,078 Posts
I went through the whole uber black conversation with them. An hour of my life. They are saying its coming down the pipe line and its for any TNC and it will be hitting all drivers. This is just a mo and pg county thing. Never got a warning or email but I know what triggered it was when I uploaded my new inspection certificate.
Then get it done ASAP so you can enjoy the Surgefest as the White Earpiece Brigade members can't do pickups there.

@UberPotomac and @yankdog are in the People's Republic of Montgomery County. Perhaps they know more about this?

Reactions: 3.75

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have not received any emails about it.

I looked at that linked form and poked around the website it is on. It looks to me like it is for companies that provide for-hire service and for-hire vehicles that are not registered for personal use. Uber and Lyft do not provide the transportation service, and the drivers are driving personal cars.

Recently listening to a WTOP report about the shorter hours of operation of Metro, there was comment about WMATA considering subsidizing Uber and Lyft rides for workers in professions like nursing (can't remember the rest). Obviously WMATA values the cheap cost of ride-share, so I can't imagine it trying to sabotage ride-share drivers.

One thing I noticed is that the heading on that form says something about "irregular routes", so there may be an attempt to prevent longhauling in the wake of WMATA planning to subsidize rides.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There were no emails about this. I just noticed when I was sitting in PG county area for more than an hour with no pings running some erranda that no pings and it was a serious surge going on. I started checking my app and restarted so on and so on then didnt see my car in the pax app. So I called support thats when they hit me with it. I asked what happen to the warning emails about this he said he will look into emails have not been sent out. I believe uber is trying to slowly impelement bc the app he sent is hilarious. Its alot of b.s. not doing it.

·
Premium Member
7,769 Posts
Just read requirements on PSC.
Welcome to UBER BLACK at X rates.
How do we suppose to get Commercial Insurance and Workers Comp policy for 60 cents a mile.
Get ready for surges as this plans implement.
They will be extremely hard to get drivers on this conditions. Forget all the joyriders, BINGO Tuesdays and amateur housewives.
In that area may be a good thing but at the same time it is imposible to make the numbers work. Will be paying to just make minimum wage.

This is the link to the application.

Please read it and tell us what all of you take out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
The tax and regulate statists of central MD can destroy anything. It would be great for them to destroy U/L in their incessant drive to take money from anyone succeeding in their jurisdictions. I guess the IPO and SEC filings brought too much attention to the revenue and how little of it was being taxed by the People's Republic. Bowser must not be sharing the rideshare bribe money

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just read requirements on PSC.
Welcome to UBER BLACK at X rates.
How do we suppose to get Commercial Insurance and Workers Comp policy for 60 cents a mile.
Get ready for surges as this plans implement.
They will be extremely hard to get drivers on this conditions. Forget all the joyriders, BINGO Tuesdays and amateur housewives.
In that area may be a good thing but at the same time it is imposible to make the numbers work. Will be paying to just make minimum wage.

This is the link to the application.

Please read it and tell us what all of you take out of it.
Is it just an Uber Black thing?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for posting link so everyone can see what Im talking about. This is something that uber just started implementing this month. They have no choice. Just be warned you wont be able to pick up in PG or MOCO any day now now. Its trickling down...they are doing so called audits on everyones account. You will notice when you cant pick up no warnong about it. Then when you call inthey will ask for your permit number to authorize you to pick up in these counties. Smh.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.