Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

http://bit.ly/1INeF8U

"Around 3:50 p.m. on Tuesday, Fire Department paramedics were called to the scene of a shooting near Lucille and Louella avenues. Another car pulled up next to the Uber car and opened fire. Although the driver was hit with gunfire, police say he was not the person the shooters were going after."

Everybody be on the lookout for a POS in a gold Kia with dealer plates.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Hope driver gets well fast, but
1) what was the pax rating? Was it 5*? If it is ,does uber resets pax rating to 5* after it drops below some level ,
2) this is the reason we have to have some big enough sign to identify us as an uber driver
( how many times our pax engage some sort of unwanted conversation with car next to us at red light )

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
No joke be safe out there guys. I avoid accepting ping south of the 10. I've had 3 pax rides deep into the hood already. Pax even gave me a heads up lol. I grew up in a rough part of town so I always have my head on a swivel. Last hood ride took me to western past 92nd. I caught the freeway out. Again be safe out there.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I hope the Uber driver gets compensated by Uber.

Everyone be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
This is when Uber should send us texts; "hey, there might be someone targeting drivers in Venice, please be aware".
But instead they'd most likely text "Demand is POPPING in Venice, head over there if you don't want to miss out!"
+1. Warning us never crossed their minds.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
this is the reason we have to have some big enough sign to identify us as an uber driver
Disagree. Rather have limo tint and go 100% UTR.

Everyone be safe out there.
How exactly? I read a book once where a dude rode a bike with a nuke in the side car. nuke had a dead man's switch to the rider. He was staying safe (from his perspective). Me, I would rather stay invisible.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Disagree. Rather have limo tint and go 100% UTR.

How exactly? I read a book once where a dude rode a bike with a nuke in the side car. nuke had a dead man's switch to the rider. He was staying safe (from his perspective). Me, I would rather stay invisible.
Other than at LAX, I only have the U when I arrive to the pax pick up (so paxs can identify my car) and take it right down when the ride starts. I would rather not let anyone know I'm an Uber driver. It's safer that way. I accept the risk of getting a ticket. My windows are tinted and no one can see I have someone in the back seat while driving. I have dropped off many people at busy events w/ police every where. I have never had a problem w/ the police.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Other than at LAX, I only have the U when I arrive to the pax pick up (so paxs can identify my car) and take it right down when the ride starts. I would rather not let anyone know I'm an Uber driver. It's safer that way. I accept the risk of getting a ticket. My windows are tinted and no one can see I have someone in the back seat while driving. I have dropped off many people at busy events w/ police every where. I have never had a problem w/ the police.
Uber is cashless so why would one assume the driver has a roll of cash? Certainly not from tips

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is a part of venice that is a Crypt neighborhood in venice!
Make sure if your in that area, to really know your surroundings!! ,the gang bangers hangout all day at the park rite there!,, by the 10fwy !

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is a part of venice that is a Crypt neighborhood in venice!
Make sure if your in that area, to really know your surroundings!! ,the gang bangers hangout all day at the park rite there!,, by the 10fwy !
Hey! Seeing as I do drive in that area a LOT can you give more specifics about which area to avoid? I never thought of driving in Venice as scary...until now. I live in Mar Vista.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Lucille & Louella is a nice part of Venice. If the shooters were not going after the pax, it was another uber driver. And with dealer plates? Sounds like Ukranian, Russian, Persian or Armenian. Just sayin'. That about puts 70% of us on the radar.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts