Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just saw my rating on the app go from 4.76 to 4.72, yet all my Paxs today rated me 5 stars across 4 trips as seen for the seven day average. Seriously, what the heck is going on?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
i can see people stubbing their toe then getting a pop up from uber on their phone and theyre like "UHH!!!" and tap 1 star and send

·
Registered
133 Posts
So, just saw my rating on the app go from 4.76 to 4.72, yet all my Paxs today rated me 5 stars across 4 trips as seen for the seven day average. Seriously, what the heck is going on?
1. How do you know all four of your paxs gave you a 5 star rating? Unless you saw the paxs press the 5th star on their phones, there is no way that you would know gave you a 5-star rating, or a 1-3 star rating.

2. Paxs have until their next Uber ride to rate their previous Uber ride meaning you could have paxs who could have entered a rating for your within the last 30 days if the paxs are infrequent riders of Uber. I have driven paxs who were daily, weekly, and infrequent (such as airport rides) users of Uber.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
2. Paxs have until their next Uber ride to rate their previous Uber ride meaning you could have paxs who could have entered a rating for your within the last 30 days if the paxs are infrequent riders of Uber. I have driven paxs who were daily, weekly, and infrequent (such as airport rides) users of Uber.
This is why Uner should allow only a certain amount of time for pax to rate before the option goes away.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same thing happen this morning--I checked & my 1 day average was listed as 5.0, but my dashboard rating had gone from 4.74 to 4.72. It's been steadily falling over the last few weeks & I'm worried I'm going to be deactivated soon. :(

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I had the same thing happen this morning--I checked & my 1 day average was listed as 5.0, but my dashboard rating had gone from 4.74 to 4.72. It's been steadily falling over the last few weeks & I'm worried I'm going to be deactivated soon. :(
this happens because pax froma few days ago rated you. it wont be in your 24 hour 1 day because the ride took place before that.

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Wait till you see 0.0 and 3 trips on your 1 day.

And yes, if the pax doesn't rate by 4am Monday morning they forfeit there chance and it autos to 5*'s.

Reactions: NH_Uber_Driver

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used to drive a lot when I first started. My daily goal was $140 ...sometimes it took 25 trips or more and I had a 4.75 rating. The brakes on my car were starting to go and I realized the wear and tear. So I started to drive less and Uber took chunks out of my rating ...5.0 star days made no difference, my rating kept dropping no matter what.

·
Registered
107 Posts
my 7 day report last night was 5.0, my 1 day report today showed 4.76 checked it again it went down to 4.67 I now show 4.9 for the past week and 4.86 for the last month overall. is someone out there playing games with the ratings?

·
Registered
107 Posts
just checked my 1 day again few minutes ago it shows 5.0. I have not left the house and 3 different Ratings for three times I checked 4.76, 4.67 and 5.0??

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Yep, see I took sunday off, thats why it was 0.0 and 3 trips. Three didn't rate. I only did 7 trips today but todays 1 day shows 5.0 and 9 trips, so 2 of them caught up, maybe the third one to as the 7 day went up .06.

But this brings up a question ?

I have heard here, that pax canceling counts as a trip ? There were 2 of those today. If so, is that how my one day arrived at 9 trips ? And then cancellations are automatically a 5* ? If so, you could have a few friends request / cancel to bring your rating up right ?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1. How do you know all four of your paxs gave you a 5 star rating? Unless you saw the paxs press the 5th star on their phones, there is no way that you would know gave you a 5-star rating, or a 1-3 star rating.

We can see our rating on the driver summary on the website for our accounts. Or is this just a beta or something and hasn't been completely rolled out? I'll take a screenshot soon.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Yep, see I took sunday off, thats why it was 0.0 and 3 trips. Three didn't rate. I only did 7 trips today but todays 1 day shows 5.0 and 9 trips, so 2 of them caught up, maybe the third one to as the 7 day went up .06.

But this brings up a question ?

I have heard here, that pax canceling counts as a trip ? There were 2 of those today. If so, is that how my one day arrived at 9 trips ? And then cancellations are automatically a 5* ? If so, you could have a few friends request / cancel to bring your rating up right ?
yes cancels do come as trips but no there is no auto 5.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
"WTF? Perfect 5.0 day and lower ratings?" - Sorry but you don't know that to be the case...

READ MY LIPS, you don't know when ( day or time ) any of the 70 passengers rated you, you rating can change as offen as you fart.

For 66 trips with a rating of 4.76 only 4 passengers needed to give you less then 5 stars, not all passengers may have rated - YET.
IF you were at 5.00 for 66 trips = a rating score of 330 / 66 = 5.00
so you were at 4.76 for 66 trips = a rating score of 314.2 / 66 = 4.76

NOTE you added 4 trips, but you only need one bad rating to go from 4.76 down to 4.72
For 70 trips with a rating of 4.72 only 5 passengers needed to give you less then 5 stars, not all passengers may have rated - YET.
IF you were at 5.00 for 70 trips = a rating score of 350 / 70 = 5.00
so you were at 4.72 for 70 trips = a rating score of 330.4 / 70 = 4.72

even if you did get 4 x 5 stars, like your are thinking, you rating would be 4.77
(you can only add 20 points max for 4 trips, 312.4 + 20 = 334.2) 70 trips = a rating score of 334.2 / 70 = 4.77

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-

Even when you have the max base of rides under you, you can still have a week where your rating gets very low, even if you only had a few bad ratings,

understand that once you get the max base of rides for your overall rating score, ratings will fall off the end as more ratings are added,

lets say you have 50+ rides for the week, and you got more than a few bad ratings,
50+ ratings are now going to fall off to make room for the 50+ rating you just got,

what if most of the 50+ ratings falling off were 5-stars, leaving a higher % of bad ratings, your overall rating is going to drop like a rock..

This happen to me a few months a go, in a matter of a few weeks i drop from 4.88 to 4.77

1 - 20 of 21 Posts