Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mentor didn't show up for the inspection / welcome ride, and now I have to wait to hear back from Lyft about a reschedule. No wonder the Lyft rider app shows the closest driver 25 minutes away...too many hoops. My car is immaculate, as I was expecting someone to closely inspect my Jetta. Jumped on the Uber app after I realized no one was showing up and no pings due to too many drivers online. Ugh!!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
My Mentor didn't show up for the inspection / welcome ride, and now I have to wait to hear back from Lyft about a reschedule. No wonder the Lyft rider app shows the closest driver 25 minutes away...too many hoops. My car is immaculate, as I was expecting someone to closely inspect my Jetta. Jumped on the Uber app after I realized no one was showing up and no pings due to too many drivers online. Ugh!!!
Don't waist your time go find real job .

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
It is waste, not waist, and I have a real job. I'm an English teacher.
If you're even slightly educated you would have figured out Uber is a loss before even turning the ignition. And if you're an English teacher please elaborate on how you "jump" on an app? Do you use both feet or just one?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're even slightly educated you would have figured out Uber is a loss before even turning the ignition. And if you're an English teacher please elaborate on how you "jump" on an app? Do you use both feet or just one?
"Jump on the Uber app" is a prime example of figurative language, a beautiful element of language.

With two degrees and valuable life experience, I drive Uber because it is profitable for me. You don't know me, so why are you being so snarky?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Holy Shit, it's easy to understand why it's worked out to be a loss for you with a reply like that. Oh, the painful irony. When stupid people think they are smart -- cringe worthy!

·
Registered
457 Posts
"Jump on the Uber app" is a prime example of figurative language, a beautiful element of language.

With two degrees and valuable life experience, I drive Uber because it is profitable for me. You don't know me, so why are you being so snarky?
Not likely unless you've got tons of surge. I think you guys are @ $1.20/mile and .16 min. At those rates when you factor in car depreciation on a nice car such as yours and everything else going into it that profit goes right out the window. It's robbing peter to pay paul logic.

BTW. You put commas in where it's not necessary. Sorry but I find it hard to believe that you're an english teacher.
Correction...
"With two degrees and valuable life experience I drive Uber because it is profitable for me. You don't know me so why are you being so snarky?"

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Holy Shit, it's easy to understand why it's worked out to be a loss for you with a reply like that. Oh, the painful irony. When stupid people think they are smart -- cringe worthy!
POST # 7/rocksteady: ...said the guy
who has a ClownCar
FILLED with Clowns, as Proof of What ?

A less-than-SmartGuy that has accepted
his Limitations ?

At very least, you COULD HAVE had the
Forum Decency of using the Reply Button
or Tagging the Intended Target of your
gutless commentary.

Who is "stupid" now ?

Bison: No tolerance for Chickensh☆t.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Not likely unless you've got tons of surge. I think you guys are @ $1.20/mile and .16 min. At those rates when you factor in car depreciation on a nice car such as yours and everything else going into it that profit goes right out the window. It's robbing peter to pay paul logic.

BTW. You put commas in where it's not necessary. Sorry but I find it hard to believe that you're an english teacher.
Correction...
"With two degrees and valuable life experience I drive Uber because it is profitable for me. You don't know me so why are you being so snarky?"
Thank you for the laugh--I needed that! Please conduct some BASIC research before you correct someone on her comma usage. To help you get started-- search for "proper comma use for adverbials," "proper comma use for prepositional phrase at the beginning of a sentence," and "comma rules for subordinating and coordinating conjunctions." Best of luck with the research! Glad you are not an English teacher... #grammar #passionforpunctuation

·
Registered
514 Posts
POST # 7/rocksteady: ...said the guy
who has a ClownCar
FILLED with Clowns, as Proof of What ?

A less-than-SmartGuy that has accepted
his Limitations ?

At very least, you COULD HAVE had the
Forum Decency of using the Reply Button
or Tagging the Intended Target of your
gutless commentary.

Who is "stupid" now ?

Bison: No tolerance for Chickensh☆t.
What the hell you talking about? I did use the reply button. You don't see the post I was referring to quoted in my response?

I'm not sure I understand the point you're making about my avatar. Just a bit of self-deprecating light humor. If you don't find it funny that is fine. It's not meant to be taken literally. It's more a placeholder than anything else. I had to fill a box so I did. How am I supposed to take yours? Sorry if I miss the deep meaning, important symbolism, but as it's just a stupid avatar I didn't really give it much consideration.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Correction...
For our next lesson, we'll work on the rules of capitalization.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Your grammar has earned you a B, but your jaunty attitude on this thread has earned you an A+!
Wow jaunty that's a fancy word.
jaun·ty
ˈjôn(t)ē/
adjective
  1. having or expressing a lively, cheerful, and self-confident manner.
    "there was no mistaking that jaunty walk"
    synonyms: cheerful, cheery, happy, merry, jolly, joyful; More

1 - 20 of 51 Posts