Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my third week driving uber. I use street number to decide which side of the road to pick up pax. It was helpful, time saving and convenience for both driver and pax. It works fine last 2 weeks.
Today, uber keep giving me wrong street number. 7-8 out of 10 times are wrong. It's fine on small street. However, 5.30pm it took me 10+ minutes to go to other side of parramatta road in Camperdown. When I found out I was on opposite of pax. It took another 10+ minutes to go back to other side. Not only it affects my rating but also wasting pax and my time.

is just me or issue after update?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Sometimes the GPS pin drop is just out... (Gremlins?) So when it seems like its happening a lot, I call ahead or text to confirm, till it sorts itself out... Hope this helps. :)

·
Premium Member
11,064 Posts
unavoidable, sometimes pax put the pin incorrectly on the opposite side of the road or the place the pin and walk across the road and wait ??wtf

if you find it is going to take too long to pickup as you have to go around the block, particularly in the CBD,

cancel the trip and move on...

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
This is my third week driving uber. I use street number to decide which side of the road to pick up pax. It was helpful, time saving and convenience for both driver and pax. It works fine last 2 weeks.
Today, uber keep giving me wrong street number. 7-8 out of 10 times are wrong. It's fine on small street. However, 5.30pm it took me 10+ minutes to go to other side of parramatta road in Camperdown. When I found out I was on opposite of pax. It took another 10+ minutes to go back to other side. Not only it affects my rating but also wasting pax and my time.

is just me or issue after update?
Yes, this can be an issue after the last update. I have conducted extensive research of driver urine navigation samples and it appears at this point, that, the best and most positive course of action is to delete the driver partner app.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys. I have learnt a lot from here. I never cancel a trip so far. But yes, I think you are right, I should consider more about myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts