Uber Drivers Forum banner

Writing Article on Ubering Super Bowl Weekend (Minnesota Monthly): Interested in chatting with me?

684 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  grabby 
#1 ·
Hey, all,

My name's Erik Tormoen; I'm assistant editor at Minnesota Monthly, where I'm putting together a story about driving Uber/Lyft/other such services in Minneapolis during the Super Bowl.

Whether you're planning to drive—or opting out—during this uniquely crowd-dense week(end): Would you be willing to chat with me about your game plan/preparations/perspective on the situation?

Of course, reach out if you have any questions, too.

Thanks!
Erik
612-371-5831

#3 ·
My rules will not change one bit for the Super Bowl.

1.) I always bring riders TO a Venue, be it a Bar or some sort of "Event".
2.) I *never* pick people up from Bars or some sort of "Event".

My Bar rule will never change, I do not have time for Alcohol Impaired people, period.
The Event rule *may* change one day, but only if Uber/Lyft start some sort of "Que" system

Que example: Uber/Lyft drivers line up like Taxis do for pickups. Riders request a "Rider Token" in their app, that is linked to their account and destination. Drivers move forward in the line at the pickup, when next vehicle is at "The Spot", rider(s) get in and give their Token # to the driver, he/she plugs that in and SHAZAAM!, the ride begins.
I simply do not care to find a PAX in a massive crowd of people. I can make more working organized rides elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.