Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dull, boring, unimaginative and a tad on the slow side. Compared to the other forums this is as exciting and informative as watching paint dry. Uber's uberfuhrer Travesty Kalanick blows off his own "valuable partner" Uberblack driver with a dismissive "good luck" after bankrupting the dude on a car and slashing rates and there's no discussion, nada. He is as entitled and sheltered from reality as his ridership. I suggest everyone watch the video of his corporate mindset. Then go back to worrying about which Uber sign to use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
I believe there's no discussion of it in the Columbus forum because no one here was shocked to see KalaNICK do what he did. We've come to expect that level of idiocy from him. He'd love the short north. He'd fit right in with that crowd.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dull, boring, unimaginative and a tad on the slow side. Compared to the other forums this is as exciting and informative as watching paint dry. Uber's uberfuhrer Travesty Kalanick blows off his own "valuable partner" Uberblack driver with a dismissive "good luck" after bankrupting the dude on a car and slashing rates and there's no discussion, nada. He is as entitled and sheltered from reality as his ridership. I suggest everyone watch the video of his corporate mindset. Then go back to worrying about which Uber sign to use.
Sorry to bore you. Hey, it's a free country, if other forums interest you more, you are welcome to stay on those posts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes no one is surprised. Every Uber support rep treats the driver the exact same way as that guy did. Uber will screw you over. Over and over and over again. Refer your passengers to lyft and then apply for lyft. Uber is not all it's cracked up to be.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Perhaps the reason this forum is dull is because we're not in need of a circle jerk to whine and complain, and it's a decent enough city that we can all get out there and work without too much discord. Perhaps.

·
Registered
746 Posts
A decent city. Obviously you don't drive and pick up any drunken Millennials ever. Good for you. View attachment 108892
That's pretty much all I do, I only work late night weekends.

I've lived in a few dozen big cities, all over the world. If you think Columbus is a bad or unnusually unpleasant place, I seriously think you need to travel a little bit. You have no idea how good you've got it. People are pretty damned nice here. Bad pax are very rare, I've only had a couple out of hundreds of rides and they were easily dealt with. Traffic is easy here. The town is easy to get around. It's cheap to live here, gas is cheap here.

Is this bickering helping you out? I mean, you wanted some drama, here it is.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
... is constantly posting the same pictures on every thread response.
Glad you appreciate my work! I will continue posting pictures to amuse those who cannot read.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

That's pretty much all I do, I only work late night weekends.

I've lived in a few dozen big cities, all over the world. If you think Columbus is a bad or unnusually unpleasant place, I seriously think you need to travel a little bit. You have no idea how good you've got it. People are pretty damned nice here. Bad pax are very rare, I've only had a couple out of hundreds of rides and they were easily dealt with. Traffic is easy here. The town is easy to get around. It's cheap to live here, gas is cheap here.

Is this bickering helping you out? I mean, you wanted some drama, here it is.
I chauffeured limousine in Los Angeles for the past 14 years and just returned to Columbus this past year-and-a-half. Half of that 14 years I owned my own service. In the six months I've been UberLyfting I have encountered more entitled millennial asshats, drunken morons and generally judgemental people then the entire 14 years in Los Angeles and Hollywood. I grew up in Columbus and always knew it as a Backwater. Good luck with your milquetoast view of the world.
Forehead Smile Chin Eyebrow Facial expression

·
Registered
746 Posts
I chauffeured limousine in Los Angeles for the past 14 years and just returned to Columbus this past year-and-a-half. Half of that 14 years I owned my own service. In the six months I've been UberLyfting I have encountered more entitled millennial asshats, drunken morons and generally judgemental people then the entire 14 years in Los Angeles and Hollywood. I grew up in Columbus and always knew it as a Backwater. Good luck with your milquetoast view of the world. View attachment 108907
You always knew this was backwater, eh? That doesn't sound like something an asshat who's generally judgmental would say, so you've got a point there.

If you owned your own service, and now you're doing Uber/Lyft, that means it tanked, and you failed to keep it working profitably. Sorry to hear that.

I am not encountering all these terrible people you are. 99% of the people I drive are really nice. Even the drunk people are pretty nice. I'm working the same city as you, apparently at the same time, so what's different in our experiences?

You.

You seem like a blamer. Victim. Everyone else is the problem. That's cool, I'm sure that'll work well for you going forward. I see much success in the service industry. Maybe a life coach? Just spitballing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You always knew this was backwater, eh? That doesn't sound like something an asshat who's generally judgmental would say, so you've got a point there.

If you owned your own service, and now you're doing Uber/Lyft, that means it tanked, and you failed to keep it working profitably. Sorry to hear that.

I am not encountering all these terrible people you are. 99% of the people I drive are really nice. Even the drunk people are pretty nice. I'm working the same city as you, apparently at the same time, so what's different in our experiences?

You.

You seem like a blamer. Victim. Everyone else is the problem. That's cool, I'm sure that'll work well for you going forward. I see much success in the service industry. Maybe a life coach? Just spitballing.
There's an old saying about assuming things but I can't remember it offhand. Has something to do with somebody being an ass. I assume you have a big :) attached to your car.
Cartoon Plant Window Green Natural environment

·
Registered
746 Posts
So, if I'm off base the obvious question is why are you driving in a city you hate, doing a job you obviously don't like, with a derisive and nasty attitude about everyone and everything? Especially since you had your own gig. If it didn't implode, why are you here?

You tell us since we can't make assumptions based on your own words. Why are you like you are? Dad didn't play ball with you in the yard? Heart 3 sizes too small? Male pattern baldness?

What gives, sunshine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Okay, then move. Columbus is a great city.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Whatevs dude. Enjoy being bitter at the world for no reason. Congratulations, you've made it to my ignore list. I'm thankful this forum let's you do that.

You are that one old guy who is clearly so enlightened, and sooo much smarter than all of us lowly "slaves". I don't care about your bitter, negative opinions, or experiences one bit, and I don't think any one else does either.

Don't waste your precious, smart time replying, cause nope.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.