Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's really sad is that I had at least 4 straight fares last night bigger than these surge fares. I happened to drop off in the surge area when it was happening. I never chase the surge because its never worked in my favor to do so.

·
Registered
346 Posts
And the other day I got a note from an Uber CsR asking me why I'm not driving anymore. She said,

"I noticed you’re one of our top partners in Austin, but haven’t been driving with Uber lately. Wanted to personally reach out and see if you had any questions or concerns, or if you needed any support from the team.

Uber demand in Austin is growing every month, and there's a big opportunity to earn even more this weekend helping people get around the city. Let me know if there's anything we can help with to get you back on the road.

Talk soon!"

I'm like, WOW. I'm one of the "top drivers in Austin"?? Really. Since when? And now "demand is growing"?? Why haven't I heard about that from my fellow drivers? And wow, this is a "personal" out reach, so that means someone over there really, um, CARES about me? Wow. Lets see, how shall I count the ways this thing is a money & energy drain and in no way do I feel compelled to get back out there and hustle for your fkg peanuts in my shiny luxury car. I'll be curious to see her "personal" response to that.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Demand is up around west campus. Kids are coming back, it has little to nothing to do with their exciting new rates.
The rest of the area seems slower than normal, but that's probably because of the 1000 drivers that were added the past 2 weeks to handle all of that added demand. Is this post dripping with sarcasm yet?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And the other day I got a note from an Uber CsR asking me why I'm not driving anymore. She said,

"I noticed you're one of our top partners in Austin, but haven't been driving with Uber lately. Wanted to personally reach out and see if you had any questions or concerns, or if you needed any support from the team.

Uber demand in Austin is growing every month, and there's a big opportunity to earn even more this weekend helping people get around the city. Let me know if there's anything we can help with to get you back on the road.

Talk soon!"

I'm like, WOW. I'm one of the "top drivers in Austin"?? Really. Since when? And now "demand is growing"?? Why haven't I heard about that from my fellow drivers? And wow, this is a "personal" out reach, so that means someone over there really, um, CARES about me? Wow. Lets see, how shall I count the ways this thing is a money & energy drain and in no way do I feel compelled to get back out there and hustle for your fkg peanuts in my shiny luxury car. I'll be curious to see her "personal" response to that.
If they really cared they would call...

·
Banned
276 Posts
Demand is up around west campus. Kids are coming back, it has little to nothing to do with their exciting new rates.
The rest of the area seems slower than normal, but that's probably because of the 1000 drivers that were added the past 2 weeks to handle all of that added demand. Is this post dripping with sarcasm yet?
I dread all the students being back and getting $3.50 rides from their west campus apt over to 21st and Guad for the drop. They'll be late and won't tip but then.....maybe they'll be hot or will reconnect me with my youth a little bit. Because yeah....there were Ubers in 1993 right?? :-(

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dread all the students being back and getting $3.50 rides from their west campus apt over to 21st and Guad for the drop. They'll be late and won't tip but then.....maybe they'll be hot or will reconnect me with my youth a little bit. Because yeah....there were Ubers in 1993 right?? :-(
I had 3 different student pax last night. 2 dropped pin at least a block from their actual location, one was spot on. None of them were even $9 total. West campus to dirty.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No ubers in 1983, but taxis were still nasty dirty POS.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The college students are the orcs of pax, and west campus is the hell realm. Its nice that they'll be back but really what will increase demand are the 20,000 staff that arrive on campus, plus all the family and friends that come into town for university events. To hell with the cheap ass students/children in grown up bodies.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts