Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find the TNC Lot at IAH a bit frustrating and a waste of time in some cases.

It would be GREAT if we could at least know where in the queue we are so that...

1) We know we ARE actually in the queue and there's not some error.
2) We know that we remain in the queue and not bumped off due to some error (or phone call that messed up status).
3) We have at least 'some' idea on how long it might be before getting a trip request.

UBER must have the information since they know when to give you the request. So there is no reason at all that the Driver App can't relay that information and keep it updated.

Can you imagine sitting there for 1+ hours and not even being in the queue at all (unknowingly of course)?

Please UBER, don't keep us in the dark here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The TNC lot is a bunch of bull honestly....I'm with Ferbeguis a notification on current wait times would be awesome ..IMO it's just a place to contain us..

I've received request @ surrounding gas stations ,and on the highway near the airport so go figure..

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Whose complaining? I'm a happy Uber driver unlike most here! I'm just stating facts!
Honestly, it would not be that hard to implement, and would be a nice feature. That may lead to more abuse by the airprot mafia. (They have one person that logs in at the airport for them and trades phones with them when they come (they get the phone that has been logged out while driver takes the rider, when that ride is done, they contact the airport person to log in to the other phone, repeat).

Imagine, if they could say. "Hey, its a 30 minute wait, go grab some food"

There is always shady stuff going on at the airport.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Honestly, it would not be that hard to implement, and would be a nice feature. That may lead to more abuse by the airprot mafia. (They have one person that logs in at the airport for them and trades phones with them when they come (they get the phone that has been logged out while driver takes the rider, when that ride is done, they contact the airport person to log in to the other phone, repeat).

Imagine, if they could say. "Hey, its a 30 minute wait, go grab some food"

There is always shady stuff going on at the airport.
Seems you know quite a bit how that shady business work! Birds of a feather flock together!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Seems you know quite a bit how that shady business work! Birds of a feather flock together!
oh yea, I would tell you, and all of UberSociety all of my secrets.

lol, I just have too much time in between rides to think.

Also, next time your waiting, park against a wall that you can watch everybody, and you will notice some exchanging.

·
Registered
34 Posts
oh yea, I would tell you, and all of UberSociety all of my secrets.

lol, I just have too much time in between rides to think.

Also, next time your waiting, park against a wall that you can watch everybody, and you will notice some exchanging.
I'm usually parked in a spot to see most of my surroundings..but I'm quite sure along that fence back there it's some things going on,and I'm not pointing fingers..as long as it doesn't interfere with my routine!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I'm usually parked in a spot to see most of my surroundings..but I'm quite sure along that fence back there it's some things going on,and I'm not pointing fingers..as long as it doesn't interfere with my routine!
It interferes with your routine because you are waiting longer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i use to drive yellow cab in NYC and there a hotline that you call and they let know what is the estimated wait time at the airport.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Whose complaining? I'm a happy Uber driver unlike most here! I'm just stating facts!
Ahem!
The TNC lot is a bunch of bull honestly....I'm with Ferbeguis a notification on current wait times would be awesome ..IMO it's just a place to contain us..

I've received request @ surrounding gas stations ,and on the highway near the airport so go figure..
This looks like someone is complaining to be honest.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
I find the TNC Lot at IAH a bit frustrating and a waste of time in some cases.

It would be GREAT if we could at least know where in the queue we are so that...

1) We know we ARE actually in the queue and there's not some error.
2) We know that we remain in the queue and not bumped off due to some error (or phone call that messed up status).
3) We have at least 'some' idea on how long it might be before getting a trip request.

UBER must have the information since they know when to give you the request. So there is no reason at all that the Driver App can't relay that information and keep it updated.

Can you imagine sitting there for 1+ hours and not even being in the queue at all (unknowingly of course)?

Please UBER, don't keep us in the dark here.
They don't want to do it because if you showed up and found out it was number 82 in line you would probably leave and if enough drivers left that would create a negative experience for the customers and we wouldn't want that.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
They don't want to do it because if you showed up and found out it was number 82 in line you would probably leave and if enough drivers left that would create a negative experience for the customers and we wouldn't want that.
Nope, they don't do it because they don't want you to know that they're manipulating drivers. They have either algorithms or people that put classifications on driver accounts from a dashboard, so that they get less or more of certain kinds of requests. They. Play. With. Drivers. Illegally. They do not respect the law. They think they are the law.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts