Uber Drivers Forum banner

Would you take $11.09 for 6 miles?

UberEats 
2K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  Grubhubflub 
#1 ·
I know this sounds unusually specific, but this is exactly the kind of ping I struggle with the most. It’s not BAD, but falls short of my $2/mile. It might be a hidden, but might not - and I know I’ll be dissapointed if not.

Assuming it’s going to a relatively civilized area, not the boondocks.

I don’t know why in 2 years I’ve not yet figured these out. Every time one pops up - I’m sitting there like an idiot with my thumb over “accept” until it disappears. 😂

#2 ·
TBH, it would depend on whether I was busy or bored.
If I was getting a ping every few minutes I would pass.
If pings were 20 minutes or more apart I would take it to try and jump start a streak.
I know it’s faulty logic but it seems that the more pings I accept the more pings I get.
My theory is that it’s a Pavlovian training technique.
Lol

#19 ·
I know it’s faulty logic but it seems that the more pings I accept the more pings I get.
My theory is that it’s a Pavlovian training technique.
Lol
I'm pretty sure that's one of the games Uber likes to play. Just yesterday, the day before Thanksgiving, I was busy almost all day. One right after the other. Then around 4:30 p.m., I declined multiple low paying deliveries in a row. After that, it was almost dead for several hours. I don't believe it just slowed down during most people's dinner time the day before a holiday when nobody wants to cook; I believe I was deprioritized until I started accepting again. I ended up barely making my daily goal, but it took much longer than it should have, and I really should have made much more.

#6 ·
See, on the one hand - no dead miles, as lots of places in the area. BUT no “live” miles I would want; chances are I’d ignore them an return from where I started from.

Yes, I know many disagree with this strategy, but in my experience I’ll get much better pings that way.

That particular one would actually be only 2 dead miles back to my parking spot. It was 6 miles because 2 miles to Starbucks and 4 miles to drop off from Starbucks (going past my spot).

#9 ·
I would not since I don't do uberfeats anymore due to stealing money.
All depends on amount of time this would take. Without knowing area or how long a wait to pickup takes or even is it during rush hour which might take 30 min to get to.
If the entire order takes an hour not even worth it.

#15 ·
Would you take $11.09 for 6 miles?

Depending on the place I’m picking up from, and where it takes me, maybe

Sometimes I’ll take shorties under 5 miles for $1.50 per mile if the circumstances are right

$6 for 4 miles
$5 for 3 miles

nothing under $5 unless it’s 2 miles or less and I know the area well

#18 ·
I treat rideshare and food delivery trips pretty much the same. Given the logistics of my market that would be a hard pass the vast majority of the time. If business is very slow and traffic is very light I might take it because a lackluster profit beats sitting idle.

Traffic, parking, and the geography of Metro DC combine to make $2 per mile deliveries unprofitable unless traffic is very light.

#20 ·
I wish I could hold out for $2/mile. I would get very few deliveries if I did. My minimum is $1.50/mile when it is busy, but if it's slow or I get deprioritized for declining low paying deliveries, then I'll go down to $1/mile just to get back in the rotation. Very, very few are over $1.50/mile in my market. So, the answer to your question is yes, because it is over MY minimum.

#27 ·
This resembles the 2AM deliveries I used to do a few years ago. Uber was fairly good in my area between 8/9PM and 5AM. The whole "hoot owl" kind of shift. 6 miles was fairly common but the payout was better, usually. This was also when Uber did pickup fee + dropoff fee + time + miles instead of w/e they do today. 6 miles in the suburbs on empty streets (and green lights) was pretty easy on your car and gas mileage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.