Uber Drivers Forum banner

Would you put a magnetic company logo (software company) on your car as advertising during an event?

• Yes! (for compensation)

• I'd take the compensation and remove the logo

• No way, messes up the look of my car

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm interested to know other driver's thoughts on this topic.

I'm doing some research for a software company who is looking to compensate Uber drivers in exchange for putting their logo on their car. There's an event taking place that is put on by their competitor and they want to make a bit of a splash and are looking for creative ways to advertise during the event. One part of the event includes a concert, so the idea is to have Uber drivers with their logo on their car, take event go-ers to and from the concert. So, basically Software company A pays Uber drivers to drive around for 4-6 hours with their logo during Software company B's event.
Initially they were thinking compensation would be around $100-$150. Possibly more. Undecided at this point.

It's not against Uber's driver policy from everything I read.

Just curious if Uber drivers would be interested in this type of thing and how much they would expect in compensation if they are interested.

·
Premium Member
63,043 Posts

I'm doing some research for a software company who is looking to compensate Uber drivers in exchange for putting their logo on their car. There's an event taking place that is put on by their competitor and they want to make a bit of a splash and are looking for creative ways to advertise during the event. One part of the event includes a concert, so the idea is to have Uber drivers with their logo on their car, take event go-ers to and from the concert. So, basically Software company A pays Uber drivers to drive around for 4-6 hours with their logo during Software company B's event.
Initially they were thinking compensation would be around $100-$150. Possibly more. Undecided at this point.

Just curious if Uber drivers would be interested in this type of thing and how much they would expect in compensation if they are interested.
I will shrink wrap entire car for right price.

·
Registered
329 Posts
LaBu On the face, seems like a good concept if the money is right but from your standpoint, there's a number of factors that are out of your control unless you're paying enough... First, how do you guarantee Uber drivers will be wherever it is that the concert goers are to drive them to the event? If idea is for logos to be displayed prior to event, you have to give the Uber driver a reason to be at the event and if they're taking rides before - then those rides could take them anywhere... including away from event venue... same goes after - are you going to pay enough for drivers to just hang out at venue during/after and keep their app offline so they don't accept rides that take them out of the area of venue, etc.?

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
If their magnetic how will said company know I kept their logo for the entire time? Sure, ill do it for 6 hours for 150... Good luck verifying that.... Payment upfront.

·
25,810 Posts
Sure, assuming I could still drive around and earn rather than sit in a holding area at the event waiting for rides that may not come.
^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do keep in mind, though, that this m ight mean that my vehicle might not ever show up at the target venue. Now, if you can do better than what you quoted, it might pay me to sit there and wait for rides that never come, as long as you see to it that the parking attendants do not try to charge me when I approach the assembly area and that neither the venue's goons nor the police harass me.

·
Registered
246 Posts

I wouldn't ever put a magnet on my car. No matter how careful you are, dirt always gets trapped between the body and the magnet. This scratches the paint. Not worth it.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts

Compensation would need to be much higher. Drivers are driving around town with advertisements on their cars exposing the company to consumers they might not reach otherwise.

The cost of a mobile billboard, which they're effectively turning my car into, is $500-$800 per day depending on the market. They'd have to come very close to this number for me to even consider it.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Compensation would need to be much higher. Drivers are driving around town with advertisements on their cars exposing the company to consumers they might not reach otherwise.

The cost of a mobile billboard, which they're effectively turning my car into, is $500-$800 per day depending on the market. They'd have to come very close to this number for me to even consider it.
You would have to obligate yourself to driving a certain number of hours per day in order to justify a high payout however. You really couldn't just uber when you wanted to---I guess unless you lived in a high traffic area and parked outside.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Right, if it was $10 a day, I'd give the magnetic sign to the first passenger that asked about.
Here ya go, freebie swag.

·
Registered
606 Posts
How many people is the event expecting? Rates should be based on the amount of exposure the marketer receives like in every other advertising and marketing campaign.

At a fair CPM or GRP, $100 will get you exposure to about 1,000 pairs of eyes, once. Needless to say this is not considered effective marketing. Effective frequency is min 3-4 times, so a fair payout to Uber drivers, for a 1,000 person event is closer to 3-$400 per driver.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts