Uber Drivers Forum banner

Opt down into X, do guarantee?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
$24.60/20.25 an hour do you make more that that an hour on select? If the answer is no and you can meet the other requirements, I'd do it.

The problem I had with guarantees is I always busted the guarantee amount out here in the desert. Once you beat the amount for the hours, it doesn't make sense to drive. Rememeber Uber unless they've changed doesn't guarantee per hour, but the total of all hours which is $108 in this case before they take their share.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Key word here is rating - as you have to pick up a lot of the trash you'd ordinarily leave behind. After a few weeks of doing the bonuses I'm down from 4.85 to 4.76 and falling; steadily losing .01 every five to seven days like clockwork.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$24.60/20.25 an hour do you make more that that an hour on select? If the answer is no and you can meet the other requirements, I'd do it.

The problem I had with guarantees is I always busted the guarantee amount out here in the desert. Once you beat the amount for the hours, it doesn't make sense to drive. Rememeber Uber unless they've changed doesn't guarantee per hour, but the total of all hours which is $108 in this case before they take their share.
Seems like I got bounced up to 80% X / 75% Select pay for whatever incomprehensible (and unannounced) reason ..... Can I make $86 on Select in 4 hours WITH orders, or zipping about deadmiling???

Certainly.

Lazing in airport queue? 50/50

Question: is there some sort of time window allowed to log off for the 30 seconds it takes to switch to Select-only to make hiding hella easy once the 6 X minfares are racked up????

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
elelegido post: 301816 said:
Key word here is rating - as you have to pick up a lot of the trash you'd ordinarily leave behind. After a few weeks of doing the bonuses I'm down from 4.85 to 4.76 and falling; steadily losing .01 every five to seven days like clockwork.
I'm 4.61, I wouldnt DREAM of touching this promo unless sitting on UCI or CSULB :)

....oh wait, this aint Lyft so no more than 1 ride CSULB right?

70% my foot, for 4 hours 6 rides <30% is ONE ride. Fuber, man...

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Exactly, my rating is taking a hit with all the crap pax I have to pick up...

I see Uber is getting desperate, down to 75% acceptance...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Damn OC gets shafted. In LA the hourly is $35/hour plus $200 for 30 rides this weekend.

That hourly looks like crap; doubt it's worth it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
ill make more from surges... i got the guarantee also, would have rather had the 1.5x they gave me last two weeks

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Those are for newbies to kill the zurge.
Shouldn't even consider that shit.
Those are prime.hours....should be busting that anyway.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
N
I'm 4.61, I wouldnt DREAM of touching this promo unless sitting on UCI or CSULB :)

....oh wait, this aint Lyft so no more than 1 ride CSULB right?

70% my foot, for 4 hours 6 rides <30% is ONE ride. Fuber, man...
Nice to see you improved your rating then. Looking up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts