Uber Drivers Forum banner

Would you consider driving in a snowstorm or a tropical storm/hurricane?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I drove during the snowstorms and I made $1300 in a week which was my best week on record. Keep in mind, Im a part time driver with another job. It was absolutely nuts, but I did have new tires, front wheel drive and am very experienced driving in the snow.

So Im wondering how many of you will be online on Sunday and Monday driving through 30-70 mph winds?

Vote in poll

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
Ended up driving in an ice storm last winter. Didn't know it was coming and I was already out. It was very ****ed up. A car full of drunk ******** with the guy in the front kicking my car out of gear on rt. 18 while my windshield and wipers were freezing up and the road was covered with ice. No fun at all. I did make good money that day but ended up taking a month off afterward.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Snow is no problem for me. Love manual transmission in the snow. Last year during the bad weather days demand was huge with 2.8-3.5 surge all day. That is just for real drivers not for idiots who drive bad on dry pavement.

·
Registered
786 Posts
That depends on if is gonna be like couple of years ago, if we gonna end up lining up for two hours for gas and also some areas don't have power and Mobil data coverage.

·
Registered
786 Posts
If I can get gas if just waiting for an hour max and have some Mobil data coverage ...I'm game for it, let's make that money !! Lol

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
be very careful driving thru flooded streets/intersections... water proof cars are not.

If the water is deeper than 2-3 inches, it is too deep. Surge pricing is good, a dead car is bad.

·
Registered
786 Posts
This bad weather should comes during the strike time. Don't you guys think that will be perfect?? Cuz then for sure only few drivers or maybe that's gonna be none the road lol

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Also , we live in Jersey. Okay? The worst drivers in the world. hahaha

There’s a reason for the high insurance rate. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of accidents. F that!

Going to go out on Tuesday. maybe Monday.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Bunch of tailgaters!! Gets on my nerve when I'm cruising on right lane with the pax and I'm already going few mph over the speed limit. Always a car that's tailgating . If you can't see the headlights and all you see is there front windshield. That means they are about to ride your rear bumber!! Lol

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The rule of thumb is to NEVER drive through water at all unless its a life threatening emergency where there is no alternative. If the water is over the rocker panel, an insurance company will declare it a total loss. There are fording depths associated with vehicles, but I still would not take a vehicle through water at all thereby submerging its suspension and drive train parts into it. There is unknown contamination in such water which could include salt, oil, gas, etc. In an emergency where there are flood waters coming in fast, the best idea is to find a parking garage and drive up it as far as possible. The parking garage is also good shelter during a storm as its typically made of concrete and steel serving as an elevated bunker. I would easily ride out a storm in a parking garage on the higher levels. Nothing will take that down.

Lets say I had a Land Rover which has a 3 feet fording depth. I still wouldn't take my vehicle through it because of the unknown effects of contamination on the various panels and suspension parts that are exposed to the water.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'd stay at home when the storm is bad, no need to get hurt in sate of emergency would be declared and it won't be surge prices.. so why even bother at current 41.80 per trip price.. no thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts