Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time ago (2 years ago or so) I used to work with a girl who was hooked on Uber. She would take it after almost half here shifts per week (2-3 times if not more). At that time I wasn't driving Uber.

This got me thinking today. If I am beside someone and they request Uber and I happen to be online, would Uber automatically ping me first? Like beside them as in I can even touch them with my hands. Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Long time ago (2 years ago or so) I used to work with a girl who was hooked on Uber. She would take it after almost half here shifts per week (2-3 times if not more). At that time I wasn't driving Uber.

This got me thinking today. If I am beside someone and they request Uber and I happen to be online, would Uber automatically ping me first? Like beside them as in I can even touch them with my hands. Anyone tried this?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I've had someone sitting inside my car request twice and get a different driver. I've also had someone standing beside me make a request and they got me. Hit or miss.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

Doesn't work .

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
While I kinda have an idea why Uber like to randomize the system , anyone else know what is behind it?

In other words, if I like a certain driver and wan him to drive me to work daily at 9:00 AM, why can't I (assuming he is not busy) request him?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.