Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed more recently uber is zig zagging drivers via back streets pushing for faster routes but often these roads have speed humps, no left or right turns, dead ends, dangerous narrow roads, no traffic lights, and during all of this the passanager is getting travel sickness uber might save two minutes but what about rider comfort and looking after the drivers car!!

How often you sit waiting for the rider to start the trip.

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
I have noticed more recently uber is zig zagging drivers via back streets pushing for faster routes but often these roads have speed humps, no left or right turns, dead ends, dangerous narrow roads, no traffic lights, and during all of this the passanager is getting travel sickness uber might save two minutes but what about rider comfort and looking after the drivers car!!

Uber is not GPS company lol
As said before know your way around may help

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I drive in the DFW metroplex which has over seven million people living in it, over 9000 square miles of territory, thirteen counties, and is the fourth largest metroplex in the nation. Trips take me all over the metroplex and beyond including many satellite cities and towns.

Being familiar with all of the roads would be great, but...

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
I drive in the DFW metroplex which has over seven million people living in it, over 9000 square miles of territory, thirteen counties, and is the fourth largest metroplex in the nation. Trips take me all over the metroplex and beyond including many satellite cities and towns.

Being familiar with all of the roads would be great, but...
We live in Melbourne lol
After few thousand of trips you familiar with the core service zone

·
Premium Member
62,814 Posts

Pot holes the size of cows !

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
Nope, take Spencer St on a 2x surge and let them pay more while you engage them in semi-intelligent conversations about GPS routes :D

Have had "words" with a few pax because they are watching the GPS and questioning why I am not taking that route. Worse when they are tourists not even from Melb. Should I really have to explain that Spencer St is crap compared to a city bypass along Wurundjeri Way, for example?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts