Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the busiest of times in LA/OC, how much can you pull in on a 8 hr shift (say 8pm-4am Saturday night)? San Diego is quite slooooow

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm going to be honest with you, some weeks it may be worth it and others will have you pulling your hair out.
Worth it meaning you might make $120-200 at night. Not worth it being some weeks are extremely slow where people can't even crack $50 with boost. But coming SD you're already working at a loss, a bad week would mean you literally lost Money, because even with a Prius, you would still have to fill up two or 3 this times. And gas is already high.. Plus you don't know the rider trends, when and where to find the best rides. When to know its dead or not. If SD is dead for uber just get another job for that time slot. Man just don't do it.....

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
If you hang around hollywood at night, especially on weekends its almost non stop.
Some will be pool some x but if you take them all you should make at least $500 per shift.
Tell the truth guys. What are your average take per week working just 5 days and 8 hours a shift.

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
If you hang around hollywood at night, especially on weekends its almost non stop.
Some will be pool some x but if you take them all you should make at least $500 per shift.
$500? Don't downplay the income just to keep the "out of town " drivers out !
You'll make an easy $125o for 8 hours and that's with a lot of breaks !

·
Registered
741 Posts
And now the Oscars are coming, traffic will be a mess but a couple of million extra rides, many from union station :) gonna be a good weekend, I'm hoping for $2000 per shift, not sure if I will make it but thats my goal

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
Well then you have never worked hollywood on a weekend night then! Try it before doubting others
You must had high surge to make that much on 8 hours shift. If so then I will move to LA

Well then you have never worked hollywood on a weekend night then! Try it before doubting others
So if you make $1200 a day then you must make around 7k a month. That's good dough

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Why stop in LA. San Fran has the best rates in California. You can live in the Safeway parking lot with the others.

Ask Sam Diego Steve to help you. He's the authority down there.

Don't forget the bonuses that Uber throws in ... that can kick in an extra $200 now and then !! And also the free pizza coupons they give us
You get free pizza? When did that start?

Tell the truth guys. What are your average take per week working just 5 days and 8 hours a shift.
$3k a week minus gas. LA is the market.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
At those hours and the way things are going right now , Probably no more than $220

That's not even a good number. In the olden days maybe $300 easily during those hours.
3 years ago $600 a day. All you antz screwed this gig up. Isn't trump doing something about the uber issue? When is he going to to start deporting illegals?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts