Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Screenshot Logo Automotive tire Multimedia
Well I had to take an Uber from Surley Brewing back downtown after a meeting and had to been given the worst MPLS driver there is.

Old model ex police car repainted to a color red pulls up. I look back at my phone to check the license plate to make sure and this was my ride.

1. Expired tabs
2. Cracked windshield
3. Passenger side rear door does not open from the outside, driver has to lean back and open it from inside (still has police locks installed)
4. Finally get the door opened and the vehicle has plastic seats, the same ones that police cars have with padded cushions placed down.
5. Ash tray full of cigarette butts with one still smoking.
6. Rear window does not roll down, driver had to do it.
7. Inside was in very bad shape, smelled strong of cigarettes, and appeared to never been cleaned.
8. Driver got on the U of M transit way that is for bikes and busses only and put his flashers on.
9. I requested a early drop off once we hit 20th Street.

I have attached the screen shot of the driver and have reported him to Uber. I hope he also sees this.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Nope, there's worse. We had one; one headlight, no rear bumper, cracked Windsheild, door handle had a broken part and the metal fragment cut my friends hand when she grabbed it, a spring coming out from the seat, smelled like CIGARS!! (The worst) crap on the floors and his screen was super super bright (it was night) and couldn't drive worth shit! Couldn't follow GPS once we got into neighborhood, car backfired once he dropped us off backing out. We all said we were lucky to make it and I kissed the ground.
I think he had 4.1 rating. Doubt he still drives though. Oh yeah and one of the seatbelts wouldn't clink in and felt nasty. Nice

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Get used to it getting worse. No tips = no need to impress anyone. Consideting uber hae made this gig desirable to mostly lowlifes that are otherwise unhiarable, why are you surprised? Try uber eats and not tip. Soon your pizzas will be frisbees through your windows

·
Registered
158 Posts
Doesn’t surprise me anymore. No matter how hard you try, it isn’t enough for some people. He probably signed his own inspection sheet cause Crown Vic’s are prohibited by UBER.

I used to drive a XL 2013 Explorer Limited which had every dodad you can have. Jet black limo like exterior & leather seats and all. Almost every pax said it was the nicest UBER they have ever been in. I got tips only because I had signs up and take credit cards.

Guess what NO MORE. I did my taxes, and found it COST me money to drive for UBER. $1,856 loss for the year.

Only benefit was the occasional kiss from a drunk, half naked, club hopping, young thing. One cutie even groped me, which made my night.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Saw one today. Smashed in rear bumper, crakcked windshield, wearing a hoodie while driving, big dent in driver door and super dirty. Get used to it passengers, shit pay, shit drivers. You get what you pay for. This could be one of the reasons March 1st they're making Uber Black drivers UberX. Trying to save customers by offering em a chance to get a black sedan. Better service by a better driver and car.

This is just another kick in the nuts to Uber Black with newer models but then again there's going to be a lot less of them to compete with.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This one takes the cake..

I'm currently living car-free in another town and use Uber to get around. Anyways, I requested a ride today and got a driver with only a 4.4 rating. I thought OK, my rating was as low as 4.4 during my first week while I was learning the ropes so I decided not to cancel and give this supposedly new driver a chance.

As you can see from the map, my destination is pretty much a straight line from point A to point B, except for the turn at the end. Pretty simple directions, right? Well, this driver ended up taking an almost comical detour, as shown in the screenshot, going 3 times the necessary distance AND wasting 3x as much time. He ended up missing turns TWICE even though he had the GPS working on his phone. And I got charged $3 higher than expected (which was later refunded after a Fare Review.)

And for the last mile or so, he was driving around 20mph in a 40mph zone, slowing down every time we saw an apartment asking "is this YOUR apartment" rather than simply following Uber.

And I checked my passenger rating after the ride (since drivers are required to rate the passenger before picking up another ride) and sure enough, it dropped substantially (which means he probably gave a 1*.)

I know most drivers are have no other choice for putting food on their table but this is one rare exception: I hope this driver gets deactivated ASAP.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Saw one today. Smashed in rear bumper, crakcked windshield, wearing a hoodie while driving, big dent in driver door and super dirty. Get used to it passengers, shit pay, shit drivers. You get what you pay for. This could be one of the reasons March 1st they're making Uber Black drivers UberX. Trying to save customers by offering em a chance to get a black sedan. Better service by a better driver and car.

This is just another kick in the nuts to Uber Black with newer models but then again there's going to be a lot less of them to compete with.
What do you have against a hoodie? I wear a hoodie every day I drive. I already drive for peanuts, I am not suiting up for BS driving fares. I have a 4.91 after 3500 rides with uber and 5 star with Lyft after 1200 rides.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
What do you have against a hoodie? I wear a hoodie every day I drive. I already drive for peanuts, I am not suiting up for BS driving fares. I have a 4.91 after 3500 rides with uber and 5 star with Lyft after 1200 rides.
I have a problem with Hoodies when they are clearly blocking the drivers peripheral vision.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've taken a few lyfts recently where the cars were in crappy condition and you could hear the shocks are out. I guess It's even more evidence of how the rideshare product has deterioated

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Doesn't surprise me anymore. No matter how hard you try, it isn't enough for some people. He probably signed his own inspection sheet cause Crown Vic's are prohibited by UBER.

I used to drive a XL 2013 Explorer Limited which had every dodad you can have. Jet black limo like exterior & leather seats and all. Almost every pax said it was the nicest UBER they have ever been in. I got tips only because I had signs up and take credit cards.

Guess what NO MORE. I did my taxes, and found it COST me money to drive for UBER. $1,856 loss for the year.

Only benefit was the occasional kiss from a drunk, half naked, club hopping, young thing. One cutie even groped me, which made my night.
I wonder how Crown Victoria shows up in the app under his name if they are barred and he signed his own slip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exactly!!! I wear a hoodie all the time...4.98 after 1600 rides!!

I have a problem with Hoodies when they are clearly blocking the drivers peripheral vision.
You don't drive with the hood up!!!!are you crazy? Who does that?

I've taken a few lyfts recently where the cars were in crappy condition and you could hear the shocks are out. I guess It's even more evidence of how the rideshare product has deterioated
Because they don't pay enough to afford the proper repairs on the vehicles.

·
Registered
562 Posts
There’s the bus. But you chose rideshare because you want a cheaper ride. So I don’t see the reason why you expect more and complain here. Do you complain too when Mc Donald serves you a burger dissimilar to Chili’s?

·
Registered
708 Posts
As a passenger I won’t get in an Uber/Lyft with drivers who have less than a 4.7 even if I have to wait longer to get one.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
View attachment 98172 Well I had to take an Uber from Surley Brewing back downtown after a meeting and had to been given the worst MPLS driver there is.

Old model ex police car repainted to a color red pulls up. I look back at my phone to check the license plate to make sure and this was my ride.

1. Expired tabs
2. Cracked windshield
3. Passenger side rear door does not open from the outside, driver has to lean back and open it from inside (still has police locks installed)
4. Finally get the door opened and the vehicle has plastic seats, the same ones that police cars have with padded cushions placed down.
5. Ash tray full of cigarette butts with one still smoking.
6. Rear window does not roll down, driver had to do it.
7. Inside was in very bad shape, smelled strong of cigarettes, and appeared to never been cleaned.
8. Driver got on the U of M transit way that is for bikes and busses only and put his flashers on.
9. I requested a early drop off once we hit 20th Street.

I have attached the screen shot of the driver and have reported him to Uber. I hope he also sees this.
I think you forgot one thing in his car description car hood has different color than rest of the car....lol, i also saw him in anoka area.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts