Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

· Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Yeah, there's always someone who thinks it's worth it to start and stop your car for $4.
The stupid thing is it would be nice if they just friggin showed us where the trip is going. They show everyone the pickup address why can't they just show the drop off when we accept.

I don't know why they need to hide the address regardless of what level we have unlocked. I'm only just pro so I can only see the time and direction. I've had to decline lots of shorties.

· Premium Member
355 Posts
I think trip radar is meant to be a tool to attract drivers to a certain area. When the system detects a high volume of requests coming out of a certain area, it triggers trip radar. Uber knows it's not likely that any drivers who aren't in that immediate area will take the request, but hopes that more will start heading that way in hopes of picking up more lucrative offers.
No it’s not. It’s a ride fulfillment tool because the original driver it was offered to declined it. “surge rates” are used to attract drivers to a particular area.

· Premium Member
12,424 Posts
By the time you get there he could have walked twice as far. Smh...

· Registered
5 Posts
Well, here is the bad news if you already didn't know it. Uber pays a base rate of $4.65. THIS IS RIDICULOUS, WHEN YOU ARE TAKING THE CUSTOMER ABOUT 10 TO 15 MINUTES OUT!!!!! SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE GOOD NEWS IS..

· Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Well, here is the bad news if you already didn't know it. Uber pays a base rate of $4.65. THIS IS RIDICULOUS, WHEN YOU ARE TAKING THE CUSTOMER ABOUT 10 TO 15 MINUTES OUT!!!!! SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE GOOD NEWS IS..
The good news is you don’t have to do it.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts