Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
1,072 Posts
I was seeing them and far worse before I left and is the reason why because every 4-6 rides were just trash. Time is money if I have to spend 20 min waiting for the right ride that 20 min is then added on the next ride which lowers the per hour.
People don't get it all time is money.

· Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Perhaps it's not as bad an offer for drivers who are closer? It does beg the question, what are the conditions that trigger the trip radar vs. just sending a request to the closest driver?
I think trip radar is meant to be a tool to attract drivers to a certain area. When the system detects a high volume of requests coming out of a certain area, it triggers trip radar. Uber knows it's not likely that any drivers who aren't in that immediate area will take the request, but hopes that more will start heading that way in hopes of picking up more lucrative offers.

· Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Nobody accepted that request at that payout.

Even someone who happened to be going that exact same way would be highly unlikely to accept it.

Because of Covid Uber believes they can get away with longer wait times and "no driver available" messages to pax.
Trust me. Some crackhead took that ride at that pay. It’s the reason uber has no shame in sending out a request like that.

· Premium Member
9,873 Posts
Trust me. Some crackhead took that ride at that pay. It’s the reason uber has no shame in sending out a request like that.
I disagree.

The other night I picked up a pax who happens to have some knowledge about this business and he told me he could tell by watching his app that drivers were declining his ride request a couple of weeks ago. He said eventually he got a "no driver available" message.

Covid has emboldened Uber and Lyft to play chicken on at least some occasions with pax by refusing to offer a reasonable payout to drivers to get a ride accepted. That pax was an example of that.

· Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I disagree.

The other night I picked up a pax who happens to have some knowledge about this business and he told me he could tell by watching his app that drivers were declining his ride request a couple of weeks ago. He said eventually he got a "no driver available" message.

Covid has emboldened Uber and Lyft to play chicken on at least some occasions with pax by refusing to offer a reasonable payout to drivers to get a ride accepted. That pax was an example of that.
We’ll have to agree to disagree. I believe there are plenty of nubes and rubes out there willing to do whatever these platforms tell them to.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts