Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started around midnight Saturday: First pax - group of 3 who seemed completely normal until 3min into the ride started yelling / singing, making fun of uber drivers, burping so loud that I almost kicked them out. When the trip ended I drove away 30 sec later I find a bottle of wine and trash in my car plus pax cell phone. I actually went back and returned it.

2ND trip: group of 3 pax get in and get off 2 blocks away...here's where things just went to shit. Pax opened the door as soon as I stopped and hit an oncoming cyclist. Cyclist said it's okay and forgave pax. Now the problem is my car since there's a dent / scraped paint on it. After arguing with pax they didn't want to reimburse for the dmg. Decided to call it a night but another surprise: pax phone is on the floor of my car..pretty pissed off right now but dunno what to do at this point...thinking of dropping off this phone to the furthest police station.

Anyone know what the cost would be to repair this damage? Or any shops in the east end? Roughly 1 - 2 cm.

https://goo.gl/photos/x8sEiwkT4zhvPxSJ6

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
So I started around midnight Saturday: First pax - group of 3 who seemed completely normal until 3min into the ride started yelling / singing, making fun of uber drivers, burping so loud that I almost kicked them out. When the trip ended I drove away 30 sec later I find a bottle of wine and trash in my car plus pax cell phone. I actually went back and returned it.

2ND trip: group of 3 pax get in and get off 2 blocks away...here's where things just went to shit. Pax opened the door as soon as I stopped and hit an oncoming cyclist. Cyclist said it's okay and forgave pax. Now the problem is my car since there's a dent / scraped paint on it. After arguing with pax they didn't want to reimburse for the dmg. Decided to call it a night but another surprise: pax phone is on the floor of my car..pretty pissed off right now but dunno what to do at this point...thinking of dropping off this phone to the furthest police station.

Anyone know what the cost would be to repair this damage? Or any shops in the east end? Roughly 1 - 2 cm.

Sorry for u man ; just su the rider or put a claim with uber that your car damage by the rider or keep the Phone as collateral for damages

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts

That sucks ass. Check out the body shops near warden/eglington. They are cheap. You're looking at 300-500 if they need to repaint the door.

I'm looking for a new phone How much you want for it?

Again. That really sucks. I feel for you

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
Go into app select the trip,go to help,select rider damaged my car take pic send to uber
I would check kijji for someone to fix your small dent, there a lot of mobile dent repair guys that come to your house and fix quickly.I have a guy but he is so busy i doubt he will come for such a small nic good luck pm if you want his #### he comes to your home and fix on drive way.Good call on calling it a night.These nights only get worse

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I h

I hope you took pics for evidence, report to Uber for compensation.
One of the first rules as a driver is to drop of pax only in safe areas. Not in the middle of the road but close to the curb so cyclists can't squeeze by.
Keep moving, use your mirrors. Pax won't open the door until you stop, or you say it is safe to.
Everyone has a bad nights, one just has to learn and not repeat them.
Keep the cell phone until you hear from your pax.

·
Registered
400 Posts

Damn, sorry to hear!! I feel like this is going to waste weeks of your time. It will probably take lots of back and forth with uber to get them to charge pax. Not to mention your time to need to go get multiple written estimates, inconvenience you don't have your car, and lost earnings you could have made during this time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info / comments guys. Just wasn't my day today, went back on the road 5 hrs later only to have my first pax, again looked cool but then noticed they took out cups out of their bag and started sipping liquor few min into the ride... And you bet I told them to GTFO! I had already a shit day...but it gets worse..the guy on the front seat was so drunk he was unable undue his seatbelt. As he struggled to get out he drops the cup of liquor onto my cars mat. I was so furious I wanted to run him over at this point >.<

Anyway calmed myself down and just drove away after the dude offers to clean the mess with the shirt he had on.

Pretty much said *** it and just went back home again to take a nap. I think I'll skip tonight too...some fuked up people out there just be careful if you guys are driving late night

1 - 7 of 7 Posts