Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I get a ping and go to the address. I pull up to the house and there is a guy pounding... and i mean POUNDING on the front door. He was pissed as hell.

I thought my PAX was stuck in the house and needed a gateaway car. I thought, "oh great.... well the bright side is that I get a cool 5 bucks for doing nothing!"

As minute 4 passed... the guy at the front door gives up and leaves. He walks towards my car and I thought, "this crazy manic can't be my PAX... could it?"

Holy crap! He is!!! he opens the back door and gets in. I try to be friendly so he doesn't shank my arse and say, "Hey! hows it going?"

He just says in a stern voice... "Do me a favor. Don't talk. Turn up your music so I don't have to listen to my thoughts. You have the address already in your app and just drive me there."

It wasn't a freaking short drive. It was 25 miles away. On the way there he starts to ball (cry) like crazy. I guess his girl broke up with him or she cheated. I can't really tell. He keeps looking at his phone and just cries....

So I turn up the music louder. What sucked is that the radio gods were against him. All the stupid radio stations were playing depressing or happy songs about love or relationships. All of them! I am changing stations like crazy: 106.7.. 102.7... 98.7... (it's totally obvious to him I'm skipping the stations because of the lyrics) finally i turned it to 105.9 and I forgot what song it was, but it has the same hip hop message... *****es are crazy... or *****es are just *****es... something in that nature - at least it wasn't depressing.

Finally after 10 minutes 105.9 started to play something depressing. So I'm like oh hell! So I put the Aux cord on my phone and turn on some Hard EDM music with no lyrics... thank god! The only issue is that damn GPS was running through my phone. So you would just hear nonstop treble and bass then goes silent.. You hear the PAX sniffling.. then.. "left turn on blah blah.." Hard music again and silent... hear Pax sniffling again... then "exit blah blah" for the rest of the ride home.

I didn't know if that drive was more horrible for him or me.

and I think that ******* gave me a 1 star! lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea... I should have drove off, but I guess it was the curiosity to see if that guy was my passenger. He did open my door harder then most, but he closed it normally. I kind of flinched when he did because I expected him to slam it.

I don't know for sure if he did rate me a 1 star, but this week was my slowest week ever. Actually I just didn't want to drive. So i only had 4 passengers, but there were two of them (that includes the wacko) that would have rated me low.

I don't know if I was that considerate. I edited my post. I forgot to include I hooked up the aux cable to my phone to play EDM since there isn't any radio stations that play it. Unfortunately the GPS was running at the same time. The GPS voice for some reason on my phone is louder than the music. So that robot girl voice was blasting out directions.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yea... I should have drove off, but I guess it was the curiosity to see if that guy was my passenger. He did open my door harder then most, but he closed it normally. I kind of flinched when he did because I expected him to slam it.

I don't know for sure if he did rate me a 1 star, but this week was my slowest week ever. Actually I just didn't want to drive. So i only had 4 passengers, but there were two of them (that includes the wacko) that would have rated me low.

I don't know if I was that considerate. I edited my post. I forgot to include I hooked up the aux cable to my phone to play EDM since there isn't any radio stations that play it. Unfortunately the GPS was running at the same time. The GPS voice for some reason on my phone is louder than the music. So that robot girl voice was blasting out directions.
The GPS thing is really annoying. That happens when I forget to turn off the Bluetooth while using google map.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats how i use GPS only via aux cord. My problem is playing the correct music..
I have a bluetooth earpiece for GPS. It's nice not having the PAX hear the directions. Especially when I miss a turn. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts