Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be a LOT of road closures downtown and in different parts of the city the next week for the cycling championships. Upwards of 450,000 people are expected. That should lead to a lot of business especially during the day when the races are going on. Hopefully navigation systems will be updated with the road closures. Be prepared for some delays and detours to accommodate all the riders and fans.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was hoping GRTC would have satellite lots like they do for the Folk Festival and RIR, i.e. City Stadium. Then we could round them up and drop them there rather than sit it a traffic jam. But..they don't.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tbob....the satellite parking is at Anthem at Staples Mill and Broad. $10 parking fee. I believe the shuttle will run every day, taking people to the start and finish lines for drop offs and pick ups.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The bike race was a dud for me. I only drive part time (weekday late nights + early Friday mornings) and got ZERO race-related trips. It looked like all the foreign teams rented their own vans and drove themselves everywhere.

Demand seemed slower than normal those weeks because so many locals either left town or went out less.

·
Registered
517 Posts
yes your right they did but i did did got some rides during the last weekend, transported a UK rider and his bike from the fan out to a glen allen marriott and I have a few airport drop offs @ surge on sunday

halloween is just around the corner..it's on a saturday so i'm expecting surge levels near what I seen last night (4.9x)got to XL rides on that downtown

1 - 7 of 7 Posts