Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips for working around Disneyland? The area seems like a perpetual surge zone.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I work around there a few times. Had a few rides going to that area. The times I've been it only surges when they closing. It can be hit or miss. Me honestly it's a lot of chaos with all the traffic and trying to locate a pax. 80% of the time it's out of towners and the rides are not that long. You might get lucky and catch a long ride. It's better if your a UberSELECT or UberXL. More bang for the buck. That way if you get a short ride you can go back and get another one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I live close to that area and somehow always end up there for a few hours before I shut the app off and drive away. You'll get a lot of hotel to downtown Disney, hotel to restaurants, etc. Everything is close by so the fares are super low. Sometimes you'll get a hotel to LAX but I seem to get them all the day before they leave. So someone is getting those ;)

It's a 5 min drive down Ball Rd for me... and I'd rather go elsewhere.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sometimes I get some pax for Disney from the beach area hotels. For me, if it is right around the opening of the park, you will get a lot pings of families from surrounding hotels to the main entrance. If it is around check out time 10:30-1:00, I seem to get some airport runs. The traffic can be bad as it takes so long for the lights to turn green. What works for me is to go closer to the 22 in Garden Grove and work my way back to the Costa Mesa area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts