Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://amp/s/amp.clickorlando.com/news/woman-pleads-for-return-of-mothers-ashes-after-leaving-bag-in-uber-vehicle

A woman is pleading to get her mother's ashes back after she left them in a bag inside an Uber car.

Dina Miller posted a Facebook video begging for the return of her mother's ashes. The video has been viewed more than 23,000 times in one day.

"Hi, my name is Dina, and this message is for the Uber Corporation and for an Uber driver by the name of Juan. The most valuable content in that bag was my mother's ashes."

She said losing her mom was already hard, but losing her again is breaking her heart.

"It was a long weekend, a very emotional weekend," she said. "I'm angry. I'm angry now and I'm also a little concerned because I've always felt safe in Uber."

Miller said Sunday she got back from her mother's memorial service in New Jersey. She was bringing home the ashes to be laid with the rest of the family.

When she noticed she left the bag in the Uber car, she immediately called the driver but hasn't heard from him since.

"Juan, you didn't call me back. I waited hours. I left you three more messages before I called corporate," Miller said.

Miller said she called corporate dozens of times over the last week. News 6 checked Uber's policy for lost items, which states "drivers are NOT responsible for the items left in a vehicle after a trip ends."

Now, six days later, Miller said she is still waiting for something to be done.

"For him not to step forward and not to call me and all the messages I left him, begging him, telling him my mother was in the bag, if you have any heart at all, throw it on my lawn. I just want my mother's ashes back," Miller said.

Uber sent News 6 a statement saying, "We are saddened by the loss of something so deeply personal to one of our riders. We will continue to assist in the search for this item."

They told News 6 they've contacted the driver, but the driver did not find the bag inside the car.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,281 Posts
Impressive...

Some quick googling tells me.. (less than 5 minutes)

That Logo (LV) is for Loui Vuitton (the photo is backword)

That's an $800+ bag new. (Prices based off discount online stores)

It's very plausible the next paxhole picked up her mother and tossed the ashes in the trash.

For us men... That's equivilant in price to a brad new laptop. For someone with half a brain cell worth of knowledge on the subject, it's an easy steal. As in your in the car with it and the driver doesn't even know it's not yours.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
https://amp/s/amp.clickorlando.com/news/woman-pleads-for-return-of-mothers-ashes-after-leaving-bag-in-uber-vehicle

A woman is pleading to get her mother's ashes back after she left them in a bag inside an Uber car.

Dina Miller posted a Facebook video begging for the return of her mother's ashes. The video has been viewed more than 23,000 times in one day.

"Hi, my name is Dina, and this message is for the Uber Corporation and for an Uber driver by the name of Juan. The most valuable content in that bag was my mother's ashes."

She said losing her mom was already hard, but losing her again is breaking her heart.

"It was a long weekend, a very emotional weekend," she said. "I'm angry. I'm angry now and I'm also a little concerned because I've always felt safe in Uber."

Miller said Sunday she got back from her mother's memorial service in New Jersey. She was bringing home the ashes to be laid with the rest of the family.

When she noticed she left the bag in the Uber car, she immediately called the driver but hasn't heard from him since.

"Juan, you didn't call me back. I waited hours. I left you three more messages before I called corporate," Miller said.

Miller said she called corporate dozens of times over the last week. News 6 checked Uber's policy for lost items, which states "drivers are NOT responsible for the items left in a vehicle after a trip ends."

"For him not to step forward and not to call me and all the messages I left him, begging him, telling him my mother was in the bag, if you have any heart at all, throw it on my lawn. I just want my mother's ashes back," Miller said.

Uber sent News 6 a statement saying, "We are saddened by the loss of something so deeply personal to one of our riders. We will continue to assist in the search for this item."

They told News 6 they've contacted the driver, but the driver did not find the bag inside the car.
I had one of my dogs ashes in my car at work one day. I picked them up that morning. I was paranoid all day about my car being broken into (I'm in a secure parking garage next to the police station).

I was aware of them in my car all the time. There is no way I could forget them.

Agreed they were trash to anyone else. Even if the driver found them. But if that bag was in the back guaranteed another pax took it. The driver may have and doesn't want to admit it.

How does she not "feel safe" in an uber now? How is this related to that?

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Impressive...

It's very plausible the next paxhole picked up her mother and tossed the ashes in the trash.

For us men... That's equivilant in price to a brad new laptop. For someone with half a brain cell worth of knowledge on the subject, it's an easy steal. As in your in the car with it and the driver doesn't even know it's not yours.
Equally plausible that the driver has the bag or sold the bag.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
1. It doesn't sound like she was very concerned with her mothers ashes when she left them behind.

2. Sounds very believable that she's not only going to leave her mothers ashes behind but also a $700 loui vuitton bag.

3. There was nothing unsafe about this ride. It's not unsafe to leave your things behind. There is no danger to you.

·
Premium Member
64,328 Posts

Mom wanted to go with Juan.

Bye bye.

·
Premium Member
64,328 Posts
Impressive...

She had ONE job !

Get MOM HOME !

Utter Failure !

HOW COULD YOU DINA !!!

Shame upon you !

Seriously, who the hell puts cremated ashes from your mom in a Loui Vouitton bag ?
Dina did.

( bet it was counterfit !)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,281 Posts
Someone sold that bag already, talked to another bus driver at WDW and she pointed to this site.

It is GONE!

https://www.fashionphile.com/sell-your-bag

Whether you're buying or selling your pre-owned handbags and accessories, Fashionphile is committed to building your trust. We do this by offering the most competitive offers, realistic prices and convenient tools for sellers and buyers of authentic luxury items.

How it works
  1. Submit individual items you would like to sell.
  2. We will email you with a price quote.
  3. Print your complimentary shipping label and send us your items.
  4. Get paid by direct deposit, store credit or check the next business day after we receive and authenticate your items.

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
Juan probably reads these forums.

As soon as he realized there was a bag, he assumed a cell phone was in it, and he dumped the bag in a mailbox somewhere.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.