Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my windshield cracked and chipped on the hwy this morning can I still drive or do I need to get it fixed first. It's not a spiderweb or anything like that. Just a crack. Plus if anyone knows a good place to get it replaced please post or message me.

·
Registered
961 Posts
safe lite to replace it and if it's not a huge crack just drive it for now

also check with your insurance company.....mine the deductible doesn't apply they paid to have it replaced

·
Registered
466 Posts
I drove for a week with a cracked windshield, if anyone says anything just tell them the new one has been ordered, honestly though people don't care. Mine was broken and replaced by my service center so can't advise where to have it fixed.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah 500$ deductible for any repairs filed on my insurance and I have State Farm
You can get $500 deductible comprehensive, with $0 deductible for glass. It's about $3.00 more each month, compared to straight $500 deductible comprehensive. That's my experience with State Farm in Colorado.

·
Registered
643 Posts
You can get $500 deductible comprehensive, with $0 deductible for glass. It's about $3.00 more each month, compared to straight $500 deductible comprehensive. That's my experience with State Farm in Colorado.
That's the same with my Progressive policy in Dallas. It's totally worth having a $0 glass deductible for $3 or so more a month.

During the spring when hail is the biggest threat, I lower my comprehensive as close to $0 as I am willing to afford. Might be $95 comp deductible for a bit more, but I'm still out less if hail or other weather damage occurs. Then raise it back up in the summer.

If the rate difference between a $100 and $500 comprehensive deductible is $15 more per month, and I have it for 4 months, then $60 per year. I would lose money only if I had no spring comp claims in more than 5.5 years ;)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have $250.00 comprehensive deductible with Allstate but when I call Safelite, they don't charge me for small chips.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts