Uber Drivers Forum banner

Will you strike on the 16th?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thatbisbbecause no one is talking to them. Haven't ya all learned... Social media. #uber and strike dates on everything. Perhaps people are too willing to let the "other guy" and just reap the benefits

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well.... Press release, usually with in two days of the strike. Remember the world is used to seeing a strike as a result of failed negociations. They track high profile negociations.
Will the news consider the uber strike a big deal, probably only if people are actually protesting in front of the offices! In every city!

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Well.... Press release, usually with in two days of the strike. Remember the world is used to seeing a strike as a result of failed negociations. They track high profile negociations.
Will the news consider the uber strike a big deal, probably only if people are actually protesting in front of the offices! In every city!
The strike is not news. What will be news is if the surge goes through the roof on strike days. You need 2 press releases.

1. Strike warning sent out Monday WITH LOCAL MEDIA CONTACT INFO

2. Actual Effect of strike - on SURGE. Nothing else matters.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Went to the airport to tout. I met

An original Memphis, TN Driver. She had no idea the rates here were 40% lower.

An original Sac UberBlack driver taking X pings in his Black car. He remembered me from a previous ride I took. Looked at me like I said I was going to kill his cat.

Two American accent white guys who supported and said they would drive Lyft only or Uber when it surged.

4 foreign accent non-whites who were not on Lyft and I encougaged then to drive Uber surge only.

Spent an hour talking and waiting for an airport ping. Measly $13 net ride downtown.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If people work the surge it goes away. Net effect, uber still makes money, riders still get rides. That is not a strike and will have little to no effect. A stike works because it hurts the "bad guy"! Even the strikers have to "nut up" and bite the finacial bullet!
Contrast the working surge to uber makes no money for two days! They will make more and can blame the strikers for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts