Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 110 Posts

Premium Member
Also, I'm one of the most liberal members on here and I'm wondering if you have a good reason why you want it to continue past then? You may, but I do want to know what it is, if you'll share.

Premium Member
mooch thread #3184.....get a job ....boy
I don't understand why people like you begrudge others in getting free money from the government, especially now. Even if you are vaccinated you are not completely safe, so it might be a wise decision to stay home and collect unemployment. Plus considering how much free money the government has given to large corporations via bailouts and huge loans I think that maybe it's high time that the government gave us workers a piece of the pie.

Or maybe I'm just lazy.

Registered
That sounds like someone who is ineligible for unemployment.

But if you actually choose to work instead of receiving government aid then I commend you for having more character than I do.
I was making almost a 1k a week (February to October 2020) (extra $600 included) from unemployment馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
I have a regular 9-5. Part time Uber/Lyft

Premium Member
I was making almost a 1k a week (February to October 2020) (extra $600 included) from unemployment馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
I have a regular 9-5. Part time Uber/Lyft
I assume that you were reporting your regular income to the state?

Premium Member
I don't understand why people like you begrudge others in getting free money from the government, especially now. Even if you are vaccinated you are not completely safe, so it might be a wise decision to stay home and collect unemployment. Plus considering how much free money the government has given to large corporations via bailouts and huge loans I think that maybe it's high time that the government gave us workers a piece of the pie.

Or maybe I'm just lazy.

I agree with you. Making passive money makes you more powerful than someone that has to work for money and slave their time. Nothing to brag about. Passive money on the other hand is a step closer to financial freedom. They don't want to hear that they're slaves.

2021 Bugatti Chiron
I agree with you. Making passive money makes you more powerful than someone that has to work for money and slave their time. Nothing to brag about. Passive money on the other hand is a step closer to financial freedom. They don't want to hear that they're slaves.
I don't consider unemployment as passive money (income). I guess if you were collecting unemployment and not reporting under the table income it could be considered passive money (income). However that is a stretch.

I invested in a business and have no control over how it is run. I collect monthly interest on my investment and a percentage of the sales before expenses monthly. The original investment is treated as a balloon payment due every 5 years or renegotiated for another 5 years. I consider that passive income.

I consider my stock dividends to be passive income.

Next housing crash I may consider jumping in and buying some rental houses. I would consider that passive income.

Reactions: SHalester

Premium Member
I don't consider unemployment as passive money (income). I guess if you were collecting unemployment and not reporting under the table income it could be considered passive money (income). However that is a stretch.

I invested in a business and have no control over how it is run. I collect monthly interest on my investment and a percentage of the sales before expenses monthly. The original investment is treated as a balloon payment due every 5 years or renegotiated for another 5 years. I consider that passive income.

I consider my stock dividends to be passive income.

Next housing crash I may consider jumping in and buying some rental houses. I would consider that passive income.

Well, whatever the case is, I know it is a lot less effort to collect unemployment than to try drive. Plus the variants are very real. I did Uber last night and made 70 in 3 hours. Not a great use of my time. Even if I were to go all out and make 1000, the fact is I had to do a lot more and time is money. I did other useful things in the pandemic that I wouldn't have been able to do if I were busy.

Premium Member
Anybody else wanna chime in aside from Uber's loser?
Welll. . . . . Isnt that who started this chat?

There are rides out there. . .I see no reason to continue the unemployment. The only ones who are not working are the ones not looking or driving.

Premium Member

Or maybe I'm just lazy.
I think you are being lazy.
and its NOT FREE MONEY. Christ the way people say that, they think it grows on tress.
It is one of the few factors pushing the price of everything up.

Try earning it for once, instead of just accepting FREE money. 鈥 have some pride . .. and stop sponging off everyone else.

Premium Member
"Well, whatever the case is, I know it is a lot less effort to collect unemployment than to try drive."

Yes we wouldn't you to put forth any effort to actually earn the money . . . . .

Sheesh

41 - 60 of 110 Posts